Richard Mead- Thank you

Richard Mead

Thank you to all of you who have written messages to my father, Richard Mead.

My dad passed away from lung cancer at 3:15PM today, Wednesday, December 5th, 2007.

We brought him home to Ashtabula this past Friday, thinking that home cooked meals and being at home would help him regain his strength. We were wrong.

Lung cancer is a nasty disease that robs your appetite, changes your apetite and saps all your strength.

We rushed him back to the Cleveland Clinic last night. If we hadn't, he would have passed away last night at our home.

Instead he passed away at the Cleveland Clinic. Yesterday was the first day we gave him morphine, which I regret not giving him sooner.

I had to watch my dad thrash his head back and forth in the bed, until apparently the morphine gave him some relief and sleep.

This can be a terrible, agressive disease.

We should encourage drug companies to invest in research that will end terrible diseases like this, instead of putting their time solely into drugs that are currently making money.

Thank you to you all.

God bless.

Christopher Mead

Ashtabula, Ohio

Dear Christopher son of Richard,

I was so shocked to read this message. We were just getting to know your wonderful father Richard. I am so very sorry to hear we lost Richard so soon.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I sincerely thank you for taking the time to let us know. My Condolences.

Christopher, I'm so so sorry to heard the news about your dad. I can't belive how fast he went.

Please know that we are here for you for support, we have strong shoulders to lean on.

My deepest condolences goes out to you and your family.

Maryanne :cry:

My deepest sympathies ... I just lost my mother 11/23. I think what shocked and puzzled me more than anything toward the end of her battle was her COMPLETE lack of appetite. We tried everything to get her to eat .. eat anything ... but she just couldn't do it, as much as she wanted to.

This disease is just so unfair.

I am so sorry about your father. My sympathies to you and your family. I will be praying for you all.

I have been there - I lost my husband from this horrible disease one month ago on November 13. The drug companies definately need to get on the ball and come up with a cure for this horrible disease.