Aaron in hospital

babyspicy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers. We just met with Aaron's oncologist (who we love) and the PET news wasn't good. It looks like the Taxol wasn't working, he has progression throughout, but his MRI showed improvement. the PET shows more progression in the bones, which explains the amount of pain that he's in. Dr. Krug also said in the nicest possible way, that there's not a lot of other options for Aaron. He's going to look in to some clinical trials and let us know later in the week. They think he definitely has a pneumonia, and they want to keep his pain under control, so they want him to stay in the hospital for a while. They ordered a spinal MRI today, and he may have radiation to his back and hip to relieve some of the pain. So, as of now it looks like he will be here for a while. We're all trying to stay strong, but I'm finding it hard today.

Of COURSE you're finding it difficult. It's terrible, having to bear all of this bad news. Prayers and meditations continue to come your way. I am so sorry for this latest hurdle. My mom had pneumonia within a couple months of losing her lung, I know how scary it is.

I'm sorry to hear this news. I'm surprised the doctor didn't have more ideas outside of clinical trials? I hope Aaron is feeling better soon and able to get home. We were just in NYC and I thought about you guys and wished I had been able to meet you... I should have thought ahead.