My dog joined my Mom last night

blueeye

Last night my baby girl passed away. She was a beautiful 12 year old dachshund. I don't really know exactly what happened--she had been having seizures. We think it had to do with her heart--she had a murmur. She went to be with Mom and Dad...I know that, but I need her here. And I need my Mommy. Nevermind that I'm 34 years old. I have a big 'ol water leak and haven't gotten the plumber bill yet.

thoughts and Prayers and condolences. know it is hard right now. I lost My Daisy 15 months to the day after Deb passed. I know how hard it is.....

Your loss is huge, and there are many, many here who do truly understand. No one in our family has really recovered from the loss of our golden 10 months ago, and I doubt if we ever will. But our love for the species is boundless and we have plenty to lavish on the next dog who enriches our lives.

With our family's Aloha,

Ned

I'm so sorry for your loss blueeye. We just lost our lab last month and a day doesn't go by that I don't shed a tear for him, but the terrible sadness that I felt those first days are being replaced with happy memories and it does get easier.

Gail, thank you for sharing those websites. Here is one more about the Rainbow Bridge - I'll warn you though, it's hard to watch and keep a dry eye.

http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

Blueeye, we understand what you are going through.:cry:

for the loss of your beautiful baby

as an animal lover, it hurts so much to lose a memeber of your family

and that is what pets become, mebers of your family

again, so sorry

Thanks guys. I knew you'd understand. I still have my other doxie and my Mom's two pomeranians. Still quite a zoo but Zoey was my first baby. And she was a very dominate and dynamic girl. She ruled the house. I keep looking for her sweet face and counting the dogs as they go out. I have dreams of her having the seizures. :cry:

Thanks for the links, I'm going to check them out right now. I know about the rainbow bridge.

I'm so very sorry, I'm a HUGE animal lover and have 2 dogs and a cat. They become your family and are there through think and thin for you. Both my dogs are 12 and slowing down as well. I've gone through the deaths of two others. I know it's hard to think about right now, but maybe someday soon you will find it in your heart to get another "addition" to your family, you'd be amazed at how much it helps the hurt.