Aaron and Julia - Have they posted?

mary colleen

I found this one for you:

LCSC Forum Index // TEST TIME / UPDATES

View previous topic :: View next topic

babyspicy

Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:31 pm Post subject: Update on Aaron

Aaron and I want to thank you all for the incredible amount of support you have given us. I read Aaron all of your responses last night, and it really warmed his heart. We saw the Dr. again today and the results of the spinal MRI showed that there's a few tumors along the spine, in the back bones, and in his spinal fluid. It also showed that there is a new tumor at the base of his neck close to his spinal cord. They want to do radiation to the neck area to get that under control, and then they want to radiate his hip and his back to alleviate some of the pain he's having. The doctor said again today that we have exhausted the chemotherapy options for Aaron, and his neuropathy is so bad I don't think he wants any more anyway. There's only a few clinical trials that Aaron would qualify for, and Dr. Krug is still researching more. The problem is that Aaron has to be 4 weeks out of radiation to be able to start one of the trials. I think our main concern right now is getting rid of the unbearable pain he has. He can start the radiation as early as tomorrow, but we haven't confirmed it yet. It looks like he may or may not get out of the hospital in time for Christmas. Let's hope the radiation will help the pain, and we can get him started on a clinical trial.

Julia

One more:

babyspicy

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:17 am Post subject: Aaron in hospital

Aaron was admitted to the hospital late Sunday night. He's had extreme SOB, fatigue, and problems walking (largely due to neuropathy) and a bad cough. I called the doctor on Friday, and they thought he should go to urgent care, but he was having none of it. I finally convinced him today that we should really go in, and he agreed. Aaron had an MRI and a PET last week. We found out tonight that the MRI looks good - everything is improved. Looks like the WBR worked, and the radiation oncologist at MSK actually is the superstar that everyone says he is. They hadn't received the results of the PET yet because it was done late on Friday at a private company. Long story short, they don't really know what's wrong with him. They think he might have an infection of some kind, but they are unsure and wanted to keep him overnight until they receive the PET results. Aaron hasn't really been himself lately. He hasn't really had the energy to much of anything, and even gets tired walking to the bathroom. While part of me wants to pass this off as side effects of the WBR and the Taxol, I think there's something else wrong. I really hope they can figure out what it is tomorrow so my sweet Aaron can be comfortable for once. Positive thoughts, prayers, and meditations needed.

Julia

Husband Aaron (spicysashimi) diagnosed with stage IV NSCLC 8/06 at age 27.

One more:

babyspicy

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:17 am Post subject: Aaron in hospital

Aaron was admitted to the hospital late Sunday night. He's had extreme SOB, fatigue, and problems walking (largely due to neuropathy) and a bad cough. I called the doctor on Friday, and they thought he should go to urgent care, but he was having none of it. I finally convinced him today that we should really go in, and he agreed. Aaron had an MRI and a PET last week. We found out tonight that the MRI looks good - everything is improved. Looks like the WBR worked, and the radiation oncologist at MSK actually is the superstar that everyone says he is. They hadn't received the results of the PET yet because it was done late on Friday at a private company. Long story short, they don't really know what's wrong with him. They think he might have an infection of some kind, but they are unsure and wanted to keep him overnight until they receive the PET results. Aaron hasn't really been himself lately. He hasn't really had the energy to much of anything, and even gets tired walking to the bathroom. While part of me wants to pass this off as side effects of the WBR and the Taxol, I think there's something else wrong. I really hope they can figure out what it is tomorrow so my sweet Aaron can be comfortable for once. Positive thoughts, prayers, and meditations needed.

Julia

Husband Aaron (spicysashimi) diagnosed with stage IV NSCLC 8/06 at age 27.

Mary Colleen,

Did you know that if you click on the author's name on any post, you will get their profile and you will see a link that says " Find all posts by" . If you click that link it will show you all the posts , beginning with the last, that was posted by that person. Hope I explained that so you can understand. It's a very helpful thing to know. Aaron and Julia have been on my mind too. Hope they will update us soon.

Sue