new side effect/symptom?

Tami

I haven't posted in a while but always read the board I've been around too long now. I just have to check in.

I don't know the names anymore and it saddens me to see so many folks newly diagnosed.

Anyway for those who remember I went through all the treatments and had a pneumonectomy several years ago. Since then no issues really and no other treatment. I just seem to keep hanging in there and getting on with life. My last xray was last year and it seemed fine. I don't see an onco anymore just my PCP.

As some of you know my home is less than idea and my stress level is very high. I work several jobs about 80 hrs a week trying to keep my family together etc. I've been having some strange symptoms/issues and I thought I'd post about them just incase anyone else has had them or have heard of it.

The last few months I've been having headaches, a little dizzy off and on and unable to sleep which I've chalked up to stress etc. However over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays I've noticed that my hands are turning blue. It's random and I don't seem to have any other symptoms. Last night at a New Years party my lips and mouth started turning blue as well. I'm not short of breath or having any issues breathing. I do exercise and have never noticed this problem before. I don't really notice it but the people around me are very concerned as it looks very creepy. my hands don't really tingle or anything they just turn blue. Years ago I was diagnosed with Raynaulds phenomenon but this is different.

I hope to go to my PCP this week or next to ask her about it but thought I'd post and see if anyone else has had this..

Thanks.. Tami

Good to see you here again, Tami. Wish I could help, but I don't have a clue as to what could be happening. Poor circulation? I don't know, but I think you should get it checked out sooner, rather than later. If you find out anything let us know.

Congrats. on being healthy so long!

Muriel

Hi Tami,

I'm new here, so I didn't even know you'd gone :)

I all seriousness, even though those symptoms don't sound like the cancer reoccuring, you need to get in to see your doctor. Hands and lips being cold and blue in the absence of any respiratory distress sounds more like it would be circulatory (like Raynaud's)

Good luck with you visit to your doctor and do let us know how you are. I'll add you to my prayers tonite.

Ghita