I've been lurking for over a year - time to say hi

LovesLife

I am 18 months from a left lower lobectomy for Stage 1A BAC. I feel as though I know many of you and have cried, laughed, and been awestruck by the courage and determination of each and every person on this board.

I don't know how much I will have to offer in terms of advice or knowledge as luckily my journey with this has been very minimal in comparison to so many on this board.

I did; however, want to tell you all that I think you are absolutely wonderful people and that Katie and Rick are very special people for keeping this forum going (and Dave Grant for starting it as well). I am happy that Connie is doing better - I have prayed for her and her husband often. I feel a kindred spirit with Jackie as she reminds me (in words anyhow) of my grandmother - wise and wonderful. I am very happy to "meet" all of you. I'm just sorry it took me so long to introduce myself.

Linda

It is so very nice to meet you Linda. Sorry you have to be here but am glad that you are. I had lurked around many others and now I call this Home for a while. You do not ahve to offer anyhting but feel free to ask anything you want. You amy run into some one in a similar situation some day and be able to ofer advice. For now you offer Prayers and that says a lot to us as you see..... Hugs and Prayers and Warm blankets from the dryer.

Hi Randy, thanks for the warm welcome. You are, without a doubt, also one of my favorites-can't mention everyone that strikes a chord with me though - there are just too many! I feel as though I know you and that you are really one very special guy...your heart is so huge - I can tell by all of your posts. Thanks for the warm blankets - they come in mighty handy in Canada, believe me!

A warm welcome to you, Linda. I'm glad you were able to get support this past year. And I also want to congratulate you on 18 months since dx. Rest assured that your mere presence (being an 18 month survivor already) will provide hope for many coming to this site. Hopefully you'll stay around and join the family here. Happy to finally meet you.

Kasey

Welcome Linda,

sorry you have to join but you

have reached the best place for

information and support.

Was a lurker also when my husband

had lc, that was 2003 and I'm still

here, so for me and so many the best

place for everybody that are touched by lc.

Congratulations for those eighteen

months, wishing you years to go with

them.

You will be able to help people in

Canada specially on the West coast

with the health system, hospital care,

and the tests so different than in

the States.

Will be nice to see more posts from you.

Wishing you a good year 2008.

Jackie

Thank you all so much for the welcome. I can't tell you how much you have all helped me through the past 18 months - each in your own way by sharing your stories, fears and hope.

I wish NED for everyone on this forum and everyone affected by this horrible disease.

To those of you who struggled over the holiday's with the loss of a loved one I send many hugs. I hope 2008 will be a wonderful year for each and everyone of you.

As I said before, my experience is limited; however, whenever there is a need that I can fill I will be happy to help.

Blessings to you all.

Warmly, Linda

Welcome Linda. Thank you so much for your prayers for out good friend Connie. You can only imagine how many people she has reached out to and helped through their lung cancer treatment, she started the first face to face Lung Cancer Support group here in Minnesota about 8 years ago!

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Donna G

Additional thanks to Shelley, Rich, Donna G, Wendy, Christine and Katie for the warm welcome.

Oops, I can see one doesn't always get the exact/correct information when simply reading through the posts. Sorry about the mix-up with Dave Grant and thanks for clearing it up for me. I do gather through reading over the past year that everyone absolutely LOVED him and he was a very huge part of supporting and caring for fellow lung cancer survivors and their families.

What you and Rick have done Katie is absolutely amazing - what a Blessing this site is for so many.

Coming out of "lurk-hood" actually makes me feel a little less sneaky/spy-like, if you know what I mean. Glad to be here with you all!

Linda

Hi Linda,

Just wanted to welcome you and contratulate you on your 18 months. You are blessed that they found your so early.

Continued NED for you...

Thanks for coming out behind the shadows. It helps newcomers to know that this is beatable.

Maryanne :wink: