2007 Calender

blueeye

I took down the 2007 calender at Mom's house but I couldn't toss it yet. From Feb to November was filled with her appointments and medication schedules. That's not a happy thing, but I just couldn't throw it out. I go over to her house now (I'm back at home) and just roam from room to room. I take a few things here and there but it's just so sad. I turned off the phone, cable and internet yesterday and sat there sniffling while the lady put it in the computer. I just hope this year is better but I've said that for the past 3 years and they haven't improved. So sad :cry:

I understand, In 10 dyas it will be one year since I lost my Mom and I also have a list of appointments,treatments and all the notes I took from the doctor visits. I also still sleep with the last blanket that she used. and sometimes when I visit my dad I just stand there in the house and miss her so much. take your time and keep anything that you cant bear to get rid of(in my case thats everything). Know that we are here for you and that we "get it"

My mom kept all of my dad's medical appointments in her calendar. We also kept track of the various stages of his illness in it. Though we bought a new 2008 one yesterday for her, we are definitely keeping the 2007 one too. Not that we want to be reminded of the past year...but we're not ready to let go of it either.

I guess this is just what we need to do right now.

Best,

Leslie

Thanks guys. I thought it was weird at first but I knew yall would understand. I have a big messenger bag full of notes and receipts and I haven't even touched it. I has the Army emblem on it...I thought of it as our war bag and carried that instead of the Oncology Center's bag that they gave us and identified her as a chemo patient because you got it at "chemo class".

My son died of a motorcycle accident in 1989. In the top of my closet is an accordian folder with all the papers he had in his apartment - utility bills, tax records, etc. etc., along with his wallet and all the sympathy cards, funeral book, etc. When will I throw them out? Who knows? I cleaned that closet last summer when having the hardwood floors refinished and new furniture, etc. - saw that accordian folder and quick tucked it into another box and shoved it deep in the closet. I knew that one peek in there and I'd be lost again for hours if not days. Nope, nope, not in my schedule.

Not to mention the treatment records and other papers from before my husband died in Sept. 2003.

Some things are just too hard to do, and it doesn't hurt anyone to leave those things where they are. Like Katie said, one day we'll throw them away - just not today.

I have Bill's treatment calendar too. We were all shocked when the calendar itself ended the month he died (it was one of those year and a half calendars I'd been using just for his medical info since dx in 2006). It's sad, but it's part of our history. I also still have all of the test results. I'm sure I won't keep them forever, but for now they're staying.

Hugs,

Yep, count me among the "savers" too... I still have the 2004 calendar with all Dads doc appts, hospital stays etc. etc. can't throw it away.... It is kind of strange why we would all be inclined to keep these things that are really not "good" reminders... would love to have a psychologist figure that one out!!

I atil have a small trunk of all My Honey Bunny things. Med records photos everything that was worth keeping, sitting in my office......