Thank you Katie and Rick!

I was sitting in the Dr's office with my mom when she was told she had lung cancer. It was the most devestating day of my life. This is also the one year aanniversary of the death of my aunt. My mom heard that her sister had died and she had lung cancer in a span of about 20 minutes. Needless to say she went into shock almost immediately.

But here we are a year later and she is doing well. Everything looked so bleak a year ago and we have a great deal of hope today. Much of that hope has come from this board. I don't now what I would have done if I had not found this online community.

So, thank you Katie and Rick for providing this oasis in the vast LC desert out there. I truly can't imagine how I would have made it through the last year without the support and advice of the good people who are so generous with sharing their time and their experiences.

Susan

I also want to say thank you! This site has gotten me through some of my worst days, and has allowed me to be strong and positive for my mom. It is so nice to have a place to go for answers to questions, and more than anything - to read the posts of others, shed some tears, and just not feel alone. I have many loving people in my life, but I think you need to go through it to truely understand the emotions that sometimes sneak up on you. Thank you to everyone who manages this site, as well as to all those who share on here!

This truely is a very special place. When mom passed away I didn't think I would be coming back to this site. I thought I would cut the ties and try to get on with my life. However, after only a short time, I found myself drawn back. I had to know how other people were doing. I had to find hope in other people's stories. I had to give back in some way. So many people were there for me when I felt like no one else understood. I don't post as much as some, but I am on the boards almost daily and post when I feel like I can help or offer words of support. So thanks to Katie and Rick and to everyone here who has become such an important part of my life.

I agree this site has been awesome for me too.. All of yall have been very positive for me. GOt me over humps. Not all the time have I posted but just reading the post pushed me through so many times. I have to say Thank you too. Also, I feel like I have know some of yall forever and yall have been life long friends. Thank you for the wonderful support in good times and bad!!!! Luv Brandy