Harry's scan results

Nova

HI Nova-I can tell you from what my Mom's radiologist told us-he did the radiation to her liver because it was only one spot-now that she has 4 I am anxious to know what his plans are. I have read a lot on this web-site http://www.aboutlivertumors.com/

Keep me posted if you find out anything more.

Keep that fighting attitude...I know we are!!!!

Dar

Hi Nova,

I'm sorry for this news. The CPT11 isn't horrible with the diarrhea if he chooses to go that route. I'm on my 6th round with it and can control the diarrhea with immodium. I'm sure it's harder on some than others, but I didn't want him to dismiss it just for that reason.

Raney

Hi Nova,

Beverly did the topotecan and did not have any bad side effects, but it did not work on her. It may very well work on Harry..there is just no way of knowing without at least trying it. I am really sorry for what you are having to go through..it is just really a tough time. Please know I am praying for you and Harry.

Love,

Bobby

The cancer center just called, and Harry will be getting his first dose of CPT11 tomorrow at noon.

Are there many people that have allergic reactions to this chemo?

He did okay with the Taxol, although I had read that it caused quite a few reactions .

(Just when I get enough information on a new chemo drug, they change him to another one!)

Thank you for the continuing prayers, information and good thoughts.

Dear Nova and Harry~

Hope today went Ok. Their just Dr's not god. Let your will to survive press you on. We are all sending many prayers, that the spirt the two of you have that has gotten you this far, takes you even futher. But yes.........Cancer sucks. Love & Hugs,

Mary

Nova

My Mom had no Diarrhea @ all....just as every person is different so is how they will react to chemo-here's hoping this is the one that works for Harry!!!!

Praying for you both

Dar

Nova ..my heart aches after reading this post...Please know that you and Harry are in my thoughts and prayers and listen to Katie that hope is not lost...Please God help Harry do this chemo with no serious side effects...Amen

(((((Nova and Harry))))

Well just darnitall, Nova. I can offer no opinion or expertise on the chemos, BUT I can stand with you and Harry to be counted IN and not OUT yet. This journey takes most of us on far out detours to the darkest areas of the neighborhood. Just remember that MANY do find their way back. Harry's determination will be a major factor in getting back on the main road.

I am so sorry you guys had to hear any the words you heard. Please try your best to keep the faith, as all of us are doing the same for you.

Kasey

Nova,

I know your frustration and I am very sorry. Alan

had 2 rounds with CPT 11 as you requesed info I will

let you know he did not do very well with it. Alan

did have very bad diarrhea, not after the 1st day, but

on day 2.

I of course will keep you both close in prayer and

pray both Alan and Harry can beat the beast back once

again.

Nova & Harry: fight, fight, fight and never ever give up. If Harry's up for fighting we are with him all the way.

I'm writing this from MD Anderson in Orlando, Maurice has been hospitalized here for blood clots in his lungs so if you're coming here tomorrow please come see me.

Hugs.........wendyr

Wendy,

I'm so sorry about Maurice. Had he been feeling sick for a while, or did they find the clots by accident?

What are they doing for him?

I wish "our guys" were getting their treatment in the same place. (If you have to do something miserable, it's always easier to do it with someone else, as opposed to going thru it alone. :( ) Harry gets his treatments at Moffit in Tampa.

Debi, thanks for answering my question. Glad to read that Cpt11 isn't one known to cause a lot of allergic reactions.

I had also wondered about the infusion time. I remember the Cisplatin and Etopocide being a 6 hour deal, so am glad to hear this one won't take quite as long. (Although I'd be willing to sit there for 24 hours straight, if it helped).

Guess we'll see how it goes today. If this Chemo doesn't work, he can try the Topetecan. (I'm guessing, anyway...?)

Thank you everyone.