Maurice in hospital/Update

wendyr

Thank you all for all your prayers and good wishes. We are now back at home & I'm to give Maurice Lovenox shots twice daily plus coumadin once daily. He'll be getting his blood tested every 3 days and it looks like he dodged a bullet. The bad news is he's off the Avastin but the good news is he can stay in the trial with Tarceva only

Still havent bought those lottery tickets :D

What a wonderful support family you all are.....thank you.

wendyr

So sorry to hear that Wendy. Is he at MD? If so, hopefully they'll be able to get that problem solved. Has the Dr talked about stents? That's what my SIL had to have put in for blood clots and that took care of the problem.

Sending prayers for Maurice and you for strength to get through yet another chapter of this rotten saga.

can always make time for more prayers for you and Maurice. Glad they caught the clots andhope the nasty little buggers go away QUICKLY and Painlessly!!!

((Wendy and Maurice)),

Crap. I knew something was fishy because you weren't around. This was not what I expected and I'm very surprised. So very sorry and I hope that the clot-busters go into action quickly to get Maurice back home soon.

Many warm thoughts and prayers for you two always.

Debi

Thank you all so very, very much. Maurice has a large clot in the base of his right lung but thankfully the rest of his lungs and his legs are clear. They gave him an injection in his stomach last night and again this am. plus he's now on coumadin and will be for the next 6 months, so now he's mostly out of danger. The other issue is whether he'll be able to continue in the clinical trial but we'll have the answer to that later today. The good news is that the ct showed no progression and so he remains stable in spite of this latest set back.

Mary, you are absolutely right!! It was a routine ct scan & they picked up the clot right away. Talk about a lucky guy with a guardian angel. He needs to buy lottery tickets when he gets out of here. :D

Welthy, what can I say, you know me all too well :D

God Bless you all

wendyr