Results Are In

Kasey

Alright Kasey, not exactly what we were looking for, but I like Cat127's explanation that it may jsut be residue. So I'll be hoping and praying that's exactly what it is. After your next scan you'll be NED again. Please keep us posted and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kasey,

I'm thinking artifact all the way! I feel bad that you have to wait, and, believe me, waiting is not my strong suit, but I just don't see where there is anything else to do but re-scan in 3 months. April will come fast, and I'll be thinking of good results for you every day between now and then.

Cindy

Hi Kasey,

Sorry to hear about this dilemma. Let's not jump to any conclusions until the test is taken over in 3 months.

I know how stressful this can be but in a way it is good news as they are not sure so it is not a definite :roll:

Let's just wait and see.

Sorry about your arm :shock:

Maryanne

Ok Kasey, at the risk of sounding like a "crowd hanger-on-er" I too think that 3 months seems like an awfully long wait; however, I too believe that this "artifact" will have decided he/she/it doesn't like hangin' out in your "house" and will dissolve into nothingness. Sounds like an episode of Star Trek!

Seriously, I will be there with you and everyone else wringing hands and worrying, but I do truly believe that in the end this will just be a big nothing. Keeping you (and your sweet husband) in my prayers.

Linda

Oh sure, Jackie had to go and actually get a definition of artifact! ;) But see, from the actual definition, it is even more things than what I am used to seeing. I think everyone is right, though it is a long wait, I am betting that whatever it is, it won't be there on the next scan. Until then, the question will be, how many jokes can we all make about artifacts. :)

Gosh, you guys can bring a person right back from feeling badly. The definitions of artifact really DO help. This is the first time I've had any trouble with an injection going awry. The IV was already in from the brain MRI, so the PET gal just had to juice me up. I could feel it seeping into my arm. It 'looked' okay at that point and we just forged ahead :shock: . By the time I got to the doctor's the next morning, my arm was swollen and black and blue and purple. He wasn't happy about that. It totally explains what he meant by artifact! Thank you ~ like a gazillion times. I'm not going to worry one IOTA about this again!

From now on, however, I would like to be referred to as the 'resident relic' of the board :?:lol::roll: !

You guys are just the absolute BEST there is!!!!

With love and gratitude!!!!

Kasey

I am so hoping it is nothing. As you know, although it is easier to say than not to worry, many many spots are not cancer. My dad has a few benign spots hanging in there. So often things just show up. Hoping this is all just a scare.

#1, why don't dr's speak english!!!???

#2, I'm unhappy to hear there is something of an artifact or whatever, not because that means it is bad news...but because I am sure for the next three months it will be nerve racking for you...naturally.

Hopefully you can blow off any of that anxiety steam to us here and three months from now the artifact is gone or just nothing!.