44 days. Beginning to end. Unreal.

SarahUK

Sarah

I am SO sorry to read about your mum. :( It breaks my heart. My mom also died within 50 days of diagnosis. She was 62 and I 29, this was 6 months ago. I still have not yet had a funeral for her.

Your mum's decline was so fast yet it wasn't the shock of loosing someone apparently healthy to a sudden car accident, yet it wasn't a slow decline of 18 months giving you and her some more time to check out all treatments and to maybe take a last vacation, etc.

I don't know if you feel this way or not but it's like being in a kind of limbo world. It seems so unique to this disease that one day someone is fine and then 40, 50, 60 days later, after a life changing diagnosis, they are gone. :( It's so much to take in and to come to terms with.

My heart goes out to you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Feel free to e-mail me if you ever need to talk... and if your mind is like mine and keeps you up most nights I am here to listen.

Warmest wishes x Kate

I am so sorry for your loss. I can relate in I am 24 my mom passed 4months after diagnosis at the age of 55. It all happens too soon. The only comfort I got in the fact she went so fast was that she didn't have to suffer longer. I miss her everyday as I know you do your mom. Prayers to us all for strength.

Oh, I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your precious mom...

I have no comforting answers for you...life will go on, and you will go through so many emotions in the next few years. You will be amazed every day that you are still standing. We as humans are stronger than I could ever imagine, that is something I have learned through the loss of my mom, and the through the people on this website.

I'm just so sorry for you, I know how you feel. Warm thoughts and lots of prayers going your way...

I am so sorry Sarah... My heart breaks for the loss of you beloved mom. I know how it feels to lose your mom. Keep her in that safe place in you heart that is just for moms and she will live on though you and all those wonderful memories.

It is still so new, give it time. You will have days that you actually will feel okay and then boom the next day you may be down again. The feelings just keep coming and going. But it get better...

Maryanne :cry: