IV Vitamin C and cancer being studied at Jefferson

sharonjo

This is an article from the Philadelphia Inquirer about a study being done on IV Vitamin C and cancer. Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (for those of you who are not local) is a large, well respected teaching medical center in Philadelphia. This is where I receive my IV Vitamin C infusions.

VitC0004.jpg

Thanks Sharonjo...I remember Tommy telling me that you were having this done, way back when Colleen first got diagnosed. he even sent me the video link from channel 6 or 3 or one of them. Col is being treated at Jefferson as well...

How have the treatments been working for you, I know initially Tommy had said that they had been helping you.

Hope you and Tommy are both doing well.

JB,

I am a big fan of IV Vitamin C. I feel wonderful during chemo - few if any side effects! It boosts your immune system for sure - few if any colds or sinus infections! I have been on it almost 2 years, my CT's are stable, and there are NO side effects! I sent you a pm with some more info.

Sharon

• 5 months later...

Hi Sharon,

My mother has Stage IV NSCLC mets to the bones and the chemos alone have not been working on her. Her chemo treatments sound very similar to yours but her tumors continue to increase in number and in size. Vitamin C is something we are going to pursue as she continues her Alimta treatment. She is located in Florida and there is a center in Delray which we've visited for a consultation. Her children are in the NY area and we would like to have her near us if she can be. She's not feeling well enough for us to take regular trips to Philly so we were wondering if you or anyone at the facility in Philadelphia where you're receiving treatment are aware of any centers in NYC that may offer the intravenous Vitamin C treatment. We feel very happy for your success and hopeful that this could be successful for our mother.

Thanks,

Allison

Sharon,

By the way, I forgot to tell you that my sisters and I DID see you in the video that was on the news about Dr. Rosenberg. In fact, when we happened upon this LUNGevity web site, I mentioned that I think that's the same woman we saw the expose about! That's why I contacted you. I'm glad you're doing so well.

My mother is not going to receive her third infusion of Alimta since her oncologist believe she may be allergic to it since she can't breath when she walks but breaths perfectly when she's seated. Who knows. These' chemos just arent working for her. Our only hope is to get her in with Dr. Rosenberg who can make her feel better and perhaps boost the effectiveness of whatever chemo they will try next. The only one she responded to was Gemzar and Avastin together but they took her off it to put her on the Tarceva trial which was a miserable mistake in hindsight. We shall see.

Stay well,

Allison

• 6 months later...

Hi Sharon

My wife Susan was diagnosed with NSLSC stage 3A last Ausgut, she was treated with chemo and radiation at the same time, after 8 weeks of treatment, the PET scan showed that cancer spreads to the bone , stage IV now, and she also has pfleural effusion and under antibiotics, we will start the new round chemo next week with cisplatin, alimta, avastin and zometa. Her condition seems closed to yours, we were afraid of chemo will destroy the immune system and open up for lung infection, so we decided to go with IV vit c treament. Last week we started the IV vit C with only 25g pending on G6PD testing before going for higher dose, we would like you to give us some advice about your treaments and how to cope with chemo which we deeply concern.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and I beleive you will be fully recovered.

Huy Ha