Back on treatment

TracyD

I got scan results today after four months off of treatment and the report says... signifiant interval progression. I had scans six weeks ago and much of the increase has occurred during that time.

The primary tumor has doubled in size, and the pleural effusion has greatly increased. There are numberous nodules, and they all seem to be growing. My doctors comment...looks like it's time to get back on treatment.

The new treatment is a phase 2 clinical trial with Selicicilib, a protein inhibitor. I was supposed to start today, but by the time I saw the doctor it was too late in the day, so I take the first pills tomorrow morning. The regimen calls for three pills, twice a day for three days, every two weeks. I'll get scans again in six weeks.

This is a bit scary for me as this is the first time I have experienced any real symptoms. I have occasional SOB and the cough is back. They are all symptoms of the effusion and I am told that if it gets too uncomfortable they can drain it.

We are trying to take this one day at a time. I picked up the kids from school just like I always do and I will enjoy our family movie night tonight, although I am saddened that it is no longer a movie with the whole family as the kids are growing up. Samantha is at a school dance and then to a friends house for a sleep over and Joe is at basketball practice with his teammates until 9. So that leaves me and Alex snuggling on the couch and watching Barbie as the Island Princess, seems like heaven to me.

Tomorrow I will begin a new adventure in LC, perhaps it will be a long and wonderful ride.

Tracy

And I am there with you too watcing movies, Tracy, with Alex and Charlie too. Love you ~ and this is the trial to kick the butt of LC, for sure.

Great to chat with you tonight. WE ARE TROUBLE, for LC, Tracy. We ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Aunt Kasey (Uncle Fred too)

Tracy-

I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are. I am sorry you've had progression. I know how devastating it was for John to have set backs -- but he went on to find the next drug that worked, and then the next drug that kept him stable and when that failed, on to something else. Before we knew it the 3 year old was 8 and we had the older ones driving. I hope this drug is the ticket to see Alex grow up and have her first fender bender.

Rochelle

Tracy,

I am sorry to be reading your scan results , but I have a positive feeling about this clinic trial drug. Aren't clinic trials about trying up and coming new things. I'm praying you will give them the miraculous results that will give relief to you and promise to others. Go Tracy . Lots of prayers coming your way.

Hugs,

Sue

Tracy, I have thought of you as well. This drug sure looks promising in research. I understand the feeling of those kids starting to be busy on their own....all of the sudden the house just starts to be very quiet once in a while. Don;t worry - my experience is that they eventually come back, and bring friends!

Take very good care. MC

Ya got me crying again but its ok though. I know you got the info that Kasey sent I am sure and if I can do anything else research wise drop me a note. For Now lots of Big Dryer warm towel hugs and MANY PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for being a PIONEER Not a GUINEAU PIG!! I know so many people think that wqay about clinical trials but I don't. I undersstand and appreciate the fact that you are diving into the unknown with a VERY PRETTY AND BRAVE FACE!!!!!!

Hi Suzie,

I just loved the movie. Although, I think it had more to do with the fact that my daughter and I were snuggled together under a blanket and she kept hugging and kissing me and telling me she loved me.

How is it that children just know when you need a hug?

Tracy

(((Tracy))) ... I have read all your posts and have been rooting for you since I started reading this forum over 18 months ago. I am sorry to hear that you have to begin treatment once again; however, I will be sending fervent prayers that your new treatment will put this cancer on the run.

Wishing you a most long and wonderful ride and many, many movie nights in your future.

Linda

Of course you got all those hugs and kisses cause you are her special MOM! Each and every moment is special, and we in the cancer world know that. Your older ones, well, we want our kids to do those things--go to dances, be with friends.

Sending you warm and fuzzy thoughts

gail