does my mom have lung cancer? the doctors want to know

e

so my mother has a pre history of about everything including ovarian cancer which was "removed" in 2004 then again in 2005

she had a ct and pet scan

the pet scan brought up the obvious glowing areas all over both her lung which was first diagnosed as (? brown glass,ground glass?)

she has minute noduels all over both lungs and it is glowing brighter on the lower lobes

the breat and lung institute where she went has sent her back to her ovarian oncologist

to decide if he wants to have or biopsy or just start chemo,,,,,,,,, my mom is convinced it is cancer

the pulmonary dr. said they are leaning towards cancer but cannot say with out biopsy

but because the nodules are so small and all over a biopsy probably wouldnt show anything

so-----------WHAT DO YOU THINK

should they just start chemo-----which practically killed my mother last time? or do a biopsy and hope that it will show something or they are technically advanced enought to get to something to biopsy and KNOW that it IS cancer before doing chemo

I DO NOT KNWO WHAT TO DO-------------- WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS THAT OUT OF ALL YOUR WONDERFUL PEOPLE HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS DOES IT SOUND LIKE IT IS LUNG

CANCER ETC.

MY MOTHER IS VERY ILL OVER ALL AND HAS SMOKED FOR 43 YEARS----------- I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY MOMMY TO ANOTHER CANCER NOW---------PLEASE HELP

Hi e and welcome to the group...sorry you have to be here but you have found the most supportive site on the web....I really don't have any answer for you..but you can bet some our more knowledgeable friends will have some answer's and will be posting soon...I know it sounds scary for you especially with your Mom having a history of cancer..but you really don't know how bad or good until you get the fact's...It would be a good idea to go to onctalk.com and ask our DR. West about your concern's...He usually answer's quickly...Best of luck ...

hugs..nonni

If your mother had ovarin cancer at one time, this could very well be a spread from the ovarin cancer and I do believe that Ovarin can speard to the lung. THIS IS NOT LUNG CANCER!

You need to get all the facts first. None of us here are doctor's, but even if we were, I don't think anyone would offer a dx.s via the internet.

First find out if she has cancer, and if so, where is the primary tumor.

Best wishes.

Great to see you posting Connie!

What Connie said is right, they first have to find out where the primary is coming from.

E, I know when nodules are small and cannot be biospied and that they watch it for 3 months to see if there is growth. But your mom seems to have many of them that showed up in a PET.. But don't get ahead of yourself they can be benign.

I can't answer about the chemo...

You may want to go for a second opinion to see if there is another opinion.

Good luck and try not to stress over something that may not be.

Maryanne