Sorry this took so long- mom passed April 5, 2007

kreed70

Friends,

First, I must apologize profusely for not sharing this with you much, much sooner. Obviously, I am still struggling with denial. This is the only "place" that I haven't told yet. I am not sure why. Maybe telling you all makes it really real.

I am so sorry to all of you who has lost a loved one in the many months that I have not been here. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

My mom had vertebroplasty (http://www.vertebroplasty.com/index.php?pageId=75) in about February 2007. Her lung function was so poor that she never fully recovered although she did go home then shortly after had to have a vertebrectomy (http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/513321_5) in March 2007 as her condition worsened. Her lungs were so bad from emphysema, COPD and lung cancer on top of that, her lungs simply gave out on April 5, 2007 (which is also my dad's birthday.)

It was a very peaceful passing and the most glorious thing happened- my mom invited Jesus Christ into her heart just a few hours before she died. She had been very set in her rote religious ways so I know for sure that it truly was the Holy Spirit working in her heart for her to recognize her need to acknowledge that she was a helpless sinner and needed the Savior. I like to think that that is why the end was so peaceful- she knew finally, where she going for eternity.

Thank you for your patience with me. I am hopeful that I will be able to be a support to people on here now. I have learned so much about myself, family dynamics and life in general that it just can't be wasted and kept to myself. I still really need all of you too.

Love to you all,

Kelly

Oh (((Kelly))), I have tired to keep up with you and mom and just didn't know how to do that. Did I send you a PM? Thought I did and never heard, but sometimes I don't recall things too accurately. I was worried, though, when I read your last entries in your Profile.

At any rate, I am so sorry, you KNOW I am, especially since we had a similar dx. Please don't hesitate to come here, Kelly. We will do what we can to suppor tyou and prop you up.

Please accept my condolences and many prayers for you and your family.

Kasey

I've wondered so much about my 'other Kelly'. I am just so sorry to hear this news. I'm glad that you have had some healing, and that your mom had a peaceful passing. We are here whenever you need us. Sometimes helping others is such an important part of the healing process, and I'm sure you have a lot to teach us as well.

Kelly