Divine Intervention

Divine intervention is the only way I can explain how this journey began for me.

I had moved some furniture and hurt my knee. It wasn't getting any better so I went to an orthopaedic surgeon who had it scanned and determined a torn miniscus. He ordered surgery. As part of the pre-op procedure, a chest x-ray was ordered.

On October 10th I received a call from my primary telling me a shadow was seen on my x-ray - left lung. She sent me to a pulmonologist who ordered a PET. The PET showed 2 spots in left lung - both lobes.

Went to visit a surgeon on November 15th.

I had a VATS lobectomy done on my upper left lobe on December 17th. The second spot was nothing.

The divine part is - my knee is fine. I have no more swelling, no more pain.

I'm doing well, came back to work 2 weeks ago. I still have some pain and am told I will for several more months.

I am so grateful that this was discovered so early and that by removing the left lobe I am told I am now cancer free. I have another CT scheduled in March and will be among those who need testing for the next 5 years.

I'm so glad to have found this website and the encouragement within. I hope I'll always remain as brave as all of you. Thanks for allowing me to share.