New TV show

RandyW

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/about/

Sunday at 10 pm eastern time. Main Character, Brian Cranston, A High School chemistry teachcer, is diagnosed with terminal LC. HAng on its gonna be a bumpy ride in this show!

Might be an interesting show and it is AMC after all!!American Movie Classics.

I saw the first half hour and that was enough. The only interesting part was when the doctor told him he had inoperable lung cancer then asked him if he ever smoked and his reply was no.

He was introduced as an intelligent man but he seemed to have no common sense and certainly did not take any actions any of us should emmulate.

DonnaG

I am guessing that the only role LC will play in this show is that it is his 'terminal' dx. At least that was the only mention last night. I applaud the public reference to the disease ~ especially making him non-smoker. Perhaps that reference will bring LC a little more recognition. But I don't that this show's going to make it. Sort of too 'out there' for my taste.

Kasey

I'm curious how this show will play out. It's premise is of a man, who learns of his terminal illness, turning into a meth maker as a means of getting money to support his family for when he is gone. :roll:

Betcha' they would never have considered someone with breast cancer turning into a meth lab operator to provide for her family.

I haven't seen the show, and it may not be as bad as what I've watched on the promos or in the articles I've read.

Welthy

:oops: Did not know what to expect of course so sorry about that. Saw previews and Thought HMMMMM! If you were a Sopranos fan it may woork out. 8) Me, Think its kind orf funny so will prob stick with it to see how he turns out!! :shock: Sides I do Like Brian Cranston from Malcolm in the middle!! :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Randy, what a show. I don't think he's told anyone he has LC yet. The wife doesn't know. He's still teaching chemistry everyday.

It is definitely twisted. Not believable as he has inoperable LC and yet he is terrified he might get caught for making crank and murder. We all know this would not be his primary concern.....but I think I'll keep watching anyway. :) Barb

HI Mendy, I missed the first show. I think I'm missing some understanding of the plot.

Why did this guy decide to start making drugs? Does he have a plan to make $$$ maybe seek an expensive treatment not covered by his health insurance or what? Did the hubby see first show? Barb

Welthy I believe his son has an illness like cystic Fibrosis or Leukemia maybe? See the son with Crutches so money may be spent on sons treatment, because I know he mentioned the cost in first show of treatment and how to pay for it meaning Chemo....

• 4 weeks later...

HAs anyone kept up out of curiosity? Last nite treatment versus no treamtment was discussed for a little bit. THis show may be turning a corner in dealing wiht Lung cancer!

HE decided for treatment versus no treatment by the way!

Hi Randy, Yes, the hubby and I have been watching faithfully and I really like it.

He's facing problems with health insurance and issues with fear of treatment. Also the wife was being pushy that he needed to go to treatment, and he made a stand and said he would make his own decisions about treatment.

His perception of chemo was extreme doom and gloom. The show ended with him on the radiation treatment table wrapped in plastic. Why did they wrap him in plastic sheeting? I don't remember that?

Barb

Hell, I've ended up watching some of these episodes, despite the weird premise.

Crud, I thought you'd all know why the shrink wrap thing was done.

I liked the way the two sides of having treatment vs. not having treatment were presented. I agreed with him for the late stage diagnosis, but understood his compassion for his wife to proceed. Now, we'll see how this thing plays out and how realistically it is done.

His HMO wouldn't cover treatment? I didn't get that either.

Getting inside his head and thinking process was done very well I thought. Hurt to watch it.

I think because his case is advanced and he is seeking high quality care, he is going to a cancer treatment center and they told him it would cost $90,000. Since they are out of HMO, it is not covered.

My guess he is shrink wrapped to hold him in place while they zap him or maybe it helps the skin from burning? What was with those three green dots?

Barb

Haven't watched the show, but my tattoos are green. No shrink wrap to hold me on the machine, I had a "cradle" for that, then the techs drew diagrams on my chest to line up the machine and zap me "just right" - shrink wrap? It wouldn't keep a person from burning, it would hold in the heat!

Aaah, thanks for the HMO answer Barb.

Yes, I wondered about those green dots too. Three different spots of laser light -- not tatts. Maybe it's an alignment thing. I never was in the room with Tony during radiation, so that whole thing is a mystery to me. It also looked like he was going into a tube. Is that how it's done?

Oooh -- Becky got purty tatts! Tony had the "traditional" black/blue ones. Aren't you special!! :lol:

I can't believe I've been sucked into a show that I hate the premise of and hurts to watch. I'm so stupid. :oops:

But Debi, one is in my cleavage and it's green so it looks like I have MOLD growing! LOL

...and I doubt Days of Our Lives will go with Bo having lung cancer as General Hospital had the storyline with Carly just recently. Can't TOTALLY copy from another network, after all.

The thingy for radiation - narrow freakin' table you get lined up on with your arms over your head. If you have ANY extra weight, your butt cheeks hang over the sides (I think they would, anyway, felt far too small for me 60 pounds ago!).

After being positioned, I was raised up about three feet into the beam ("Don't go into the light, CarolAnne"). The beam was then lowered to the "perfect" distance for my treatment, I was zapped and then lowered. The raising and lowering took place after the techs left the room, so if I had slid, I was gonna hit the floor. Worked my "gluts" holding my fanny stiff! ;)

"Snowflake" The raising and lowering took place after the techs left the room...

Would that be the ceremonial raising and lowering ritual? :wink: Do they slowly beat a drum?

Yikes! Mold --- hadn't thought about that. :shock: I'm thinking blackhead looking marks are better. Mold -- LMAO.