Some of you may remember me........

Guest MomOTwins

Guest MomOTwins

I've been fighting this disease since 8/02, now I have brain mets (10). Whole head radiation was finished and scans came back that they had shrunk and were not swelling anymore. Now I'm having headaches. I know I should call the dr., but I'm afraid. I think there is nothing they can do, especially with 10. So, is this it?

Veronica

Hello Veronica,

You won't know if you don't get scanned, now, will you?

I had a friend who was terrified that her cancer had come back, and wouldn't go to the dr until she was in dire straits indeed. Turned out to be adult onset diabetes.

If you don't ask you won't know. If you don't know you can't pull together a proactive plan.

Empower yourself. Know what you're dealing with.

And have faith, in life, in love, in the beautiful children you have.

I pray you find strength.

MaryAnn

Veronica,

My husband had a craniotomy and whole brain radiation. He has ALWAYS had bad tension headaches but now he also has front of the head headaches. Excedrin for the back of head, tylenol for the front of head.

Anyway, he just had a brain MRI and it was clean - so the headaches did not mean mets.

Get in checked. I think the unknown enemy is the worst.

Ginny

I agree with everyone here. PLEASE go to the doctor. It could be nothing, it could be something easily fixable. NO it is not over.

GO TO THE DOCTOR> On a hope-filled note....I have a friend who is in her mid-twenties that has been battling brain cancer for 5 years. They told her in January that there was nothing they could do for her anymore. They would not even consider treatment anymore because it was hurting her and not effective to the cancer anymore. Her brain scans now look like one huge tumor with a little bit of brain.

That was January. She is still here today, fighting and living life one day at a time!

Don't give up. Go to the doctor. We are ALL praying for you.

K

Guest MomOTwins

Well, the headaches have gone away. I don't know what happened but I haven't had any in 3 days. Well, actually I know what happened. Prayer and God. Thanks for all your encouraging words. I think now I will wait and see what happeens.

Veronica