Update on me

stand4hope

Hello everyone! Long time no see, huh? Since today is my last birthday in my 50's :evil: , I thought I'd drop in and say hello!

I have had a challenging 2007, but those that know me know I come out of hard times with boxing gloves on. After seeing my son some suffer terrible attacks of pancreatitis, my mild heart attack in July and two stents, BLAM on Dec. 21 I had a stroke. What a crummy Christmas! I sent an email to Snowflake last week, but oddly, didn't get a response yet. Is she ok? I'm worried about her!

The grieving is still there, but less meltdowns. I had a particularly hard time missing Don when I had the stroke. I so much needed his strong arms around me!

Rochelle, how's it going, sweetie? I've read some of your posts, but didn't see much on how you're coping.

Beth, Tina, JC, Lynne, Paddy, Ginny, Teri, Sue, etc., etc., etc. How are you doing? It's going on 2 1/2 years for me, and it really is getting easier.

I had a 40-year high school reunion party at my house before Thanksgiving and it was absolutely the best, best party ever. You can follow this link to see a few pictures http://pike1967.blogspot.com . I've got tons more pictures to add to it, but didn't get them up yet because of the stroke.

It's still kind of hard to type. I use mostly my left hand, so I'm just going to copy what I sent to Becky about the stroke so don't have to type it all again!

I was in hospital a week and a rehab hospital another week. Right side affected, speech is ok – no mouth droop, but right arm, hand and leg are taking a lot of work. Going to outpatient rehab twice a week via a taxi service the rehab hospital uses and doing lots of exercises at home. I’m right handed and just today am using my right hand a little to type, but I went from over 100 words per minute to about 20! I’m feeling great and in good spirits. Can’t drive yet, but hope to in a couple of weeks. Using a rolling walker to get around and am now starting to walk slowly without it a little bit. Mike has been great and very helpful, as well as sister and friends have been cooking for me. YUM!!! They are doing shopping, too.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Love to all,

Peggy

((((Peggy)))),

I am so so sorry to hear about your stroke. So many times, I have thought to myself "I'm going to write to Peggy today" and then I would get busy and well, there is no excuse. I will tell you that you have been in my thoughts and prayers, as well as your son. It's so good to see your post, as always, but it makes me sad to see you going through so many hard times. It sounds like you are, once again, gathering all your strength and determination and moving right along. You are such an inspiration to me Peggy. You always have been. Hope you will keep in touch and know that you haven't been forgotten. Take good care of yourself.

Love,

Sue

Peggy,

It was so good too hear from you... but, I am so sorry to hear you have not been well... Listen girlfriend.... knock it off!! No more getting ill!!

Seriously, I hope with each day you are feeling abit stronger.... Congrats on your birhtday!! Love, Sharon

Peggy-

Oh I am so sorry about your stroke. I will have to fine the Beck for not letting us all know. I am doing ok-- things are going as you told me they would-- one minute fine the next minute something happens and I'm over the edge. Whenever that happens I think of you (yep Peggy was right) and how sweet you were to call me after John passed away.

I hope you get your motor skills back soon. Send me your phone number when you have a second- I'm not sure I have a current one. Some day I'll call and catch up.

Hang in there~

Rochelle

Happy birthday, Peggy!!!!! I'm so very sorry about all your health issues. I'm sure hoping therapy gets that right side going again soon. I loved your reunion pics.....you guys all look like it should have been only your 25th reunion!!!!! Thanks for the update and you know you have my very best wishes for good things for you.

Love,

Kasey

Hi Peggy,

It's great to see a post from you. I'm so sorry about your recent stroke. Wow. Your fighting spirit continues to push forward -- good for you. I'm so sorry to hear about the health problems your son has had as well. Enough already, huh.

Thank you for sharing that things are getting better with your grief. I think it's comforting for those of us at any stage to hear that someone's grief is getting better, especially when we know that the depth of their love was and continues to be so great. Your party sounds wonderful!

Thank you also for asking how we're all doing. I have good days and bad days. But, I can honestly say I have more good days than bad lately. "Good" being relative, of course. (But when the bad days come, look out!) I'm finding new strengths, new parts of my personality (some good, some not so good), and greater friendships. I realize that Bill and I were such a twosome that I only let other people in so far. That's changed now, and that's one new thing that I like. It's hard to admit anything positive, but I think it's critical to healing. I also miss Bill and appreciate his amazing spirit more than ever. The void is overwhelming. I'm getting ready to face the real world again and begin back at work as soon as I find something suitable -- that will be the next major phase for me.

Thank you for sharing your journey -- the good and the bad.

Hugs,

Hi Peggy,

GREAT to hear from you, but not the post I wanted to read. WOW girl you sure have had your share of incidents. But I love your attitude, has not changed, you just keep fighting and fighting.

I went on your reunion web page... but could not find you there??

We havn't heard from Becky...The last time she posted was Dec. 27th..I hope someone who may have her phone number can call to make sure she is alright.

Take care of yourself and I hope you get stronger and stronger each day. This must have been so hard on you. I am sorry for all you have endured and apparently still enduring.

Maryanne

{{{{PEGGY}}}}}

You look FABULOUS! You look like you were having the best best party ever.

I am so sorry to read about the health issues you are having, but I know that they will not keep you down and I have no doubts that those boxing gloves are on and swinging.

Please let me know when you are feeling better...are you working, or at home during your recovery? I'm just too darn close for us to not get together...besides the fact that I have several trips to St. Louis coming up that will have me driving right thru Indy, unless I fly, then I can fly out of Indy and plan some time to meet up with you! Buzz me back and let me know when you are feeling up to it!

And again....YOU LOOK GREAT!

Love you Peggy!

THANK YOU! It's so good to hear from all of you.

Becky called me. She's doing great, just real busy.

I know, Rochelle, I get it! It stinks! All of us will agree to that!

Beth, I'll call you soon. I will be off at least two more weeks until I finish outpatient rehab. I would love to get together if you're passing through. I'm hoping to be able to drive by the end of next week. I just don't feel strong enough to try it yet.

Maryanne, I'm the one in short brown hair with burgandy sweatshirt with big white V, the 5th and 6th picture down from the top holding a big plate of low fat food (yeah right!).

You all take care of yourselves!

Love,

Peggy

Peggy,

You look beautiful in the photos.

I am so sorry to hear about your stroke :( I am very glad though to hear how strong you are. You are one tough cookie!!!

I have been thinking about you. I hope to hear only good things from now on.

Hi Peggy. It is good to hear from you but I hate that you have had so many health problems. Just hang in there and keep fighting. Sounds like you will be your old self in no time. As for the missing Don I know it gets easier and I know too that when something tramatic happens he is the first one you want with you. I can totaly understand. Get well soon and please let us continue to hear from you.