new to boards

CLB

Hi Everyone -

I have been lurking the boards for awhile now....and I think it is definitely time for me to come out of the shadows and join the group!

Actually, my husband also visits the boards and has told me how wonderful everyone here is. I am still working on updating my timeline...should have it done sometime tonight. I am 33yr old woman, dx with nsclc w/ brain mets in 10/06. I have had a craniotomy to remove brain tumor, 6 sessions of chemo (carboplatin/taxol), 15 whole brain & lung radiation, currently on Tarceva. Results of scans have been mixed - last one was slight improvement, so that's good!!

Well, I just wanted to come out of the shadows and say hello. I look forward to chatting with you all and sharing experiences/stories!!

Thanks!

Colleen

I'm so glad you've decided to join us, Colleen!!!! Am I correct that JB is you wonderful hubby? And that cute little guy in your avatar is Jack, right?

JB is correct that there is a wonderful support group here for anyone who is in need. Actually we become more friends than anything else....not just cyber acquaintances.

I hope you continue to do well and your tx kicks the tushy out of this LC! Many here can answer questions for you, offer support, and just as JB did today ~ even offer a laugh as well. Wishing you the best and offering a very warm hello.

Kasey (from just up the turnpike from you guys)

Hi Colleen,

I'm so glad you decided to check things out here for yourself. If I remember correctly you are currently on Tarceva??? Keep in mind I don't really remember anything anymore, it's all guesswork!

Anyhow, welcome. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Tracy

Wow!!! Thank you all so much for your warm welcome to the site!!!!! It is so great to know that I can come on here and be able to chat with people who are in a similar situation as myself.

Let's see - yes, JB is my husband. I don't really play as many video games as he does, unless you count online crossword type games. The playstation2 video games are usually JB's territory.

The picture in my avatar is of me and my 3yr old son Jack - my Mom took this picture last week. He is my driving force in fighting this cancer - I want to be here to see him grow and experience the good times in life.

I am currently taking Tarceva - results have been pretty good so far....just hope it continues. Side effects are not too bad - mainly really dry skin. I still get some really nasty headaches, but MRI scans have been clear ever since surgery. I do have a vp shunt that was installed to get rid of some after surgey fluid build up - that could be the reason I guess. Tylenol helps and Dr. says to keep taking it if it helps. :roll:

Welcome Colleen-

I am glad you came out of lurker land and joined us. I've heard so much about you from JB that I feel I know you already. Tarceva has been a miracle drug for many members here and I wish the same for you.

Rochelle

try nivea with white cap for dry skin. Deb swore by that lotion for EVERYTHING!! and glad to meet you Colleen. Hope JB has not hurt himself yet playin hockey!!! :lol:

Hi Colleen -

Welcome to the forum - you will find the greatest people here.

You and I seem to have been dx'd around the same time - I was dx'd 9/29/06. And, I, too want to see my son grow up and thats what keeps us strong!!

Keep us posted and take care.

Patti B.

Welcome Colleen, Sometimes it's hard to come out from behind those curtains, but I'm glad to see you take that big step. You'll find a lot of comfort and support here. Your hubby is a GEM and he's your biggest cheerleader, not to mention your biggest FAN! :wink:

It'll be nice to get to know you.

See babe, I told you everyone here is great...Thanks for posting that picture of the three of us on christmas eve with me in my Brady Quinn Jersey and completely hammered. lol. That's just what I want everyone to see.

LOVE YOU!

You were right, JB, this is a GREAT group of people here!!!!!! Sorry, about the picture. That was the only one of the three of us that I had on this computer...I'll update with a new one ASAP.

Thank you all for your warm welcomes - I am so glad that I came out of the shadows to join you all.

It means the world to me that I can come here to vent, commiserate, chat, and hopefully help others as well!! As you all know well, dealing with this cancer can get a little lonely (no matter how GREAT a support system you have). I am so lucky to have JB, my family, his family, and all of our friends, but being able to talk to others who are going through similar situations is priceless. I am excited to get to know you all and make some new friends!!!

Randy - thanks for the tip on the lotion. I'll be picking some of that up today. This dry, rashy skin can be tough to get rid of!!

Don - good luck with the Tarceva - it's done well for me so far, so I am hoping the same for you. Feeling ok with it so far?

Welcome Colleen!!! I love when luckers come out of the shadows. Glad you hubby has been here for you on here.

I am sure you know by now that LC is NOT a death sentence and there are SO many treatments out there. If one does not work they will try something else.

Great to have you join us! We are always here for you 24/7.

Maryanne :wink: