New chemo

ernrol

I have not been on the site lately. I started the new chemo on the 16th, Alimta, Gemzar and Avastin. It really knocked the white blood count down. I had a blood test today 7 days after getting the chemo and it was only 1.5. Over the last week I was really dragging. I had a fever one day of 101.9. It went down fast. I never got sick, but I did not feel like dancing in the yard. I don’t know of anyone that has had all three of theses drugs together. If some one has let me know. Today I feel a lot better. I am not going to say what percent, because the last time it was for a short time. Tomorrow I plan to play golf. I hope I don’t run the cart into a lake or something. I still feel very blessed by the results of my treatment. The Lord has been good to me and I count on him to keep me going. I need to exercise more. The last week has not been a good week for exercise. The best I did was walk a mile or two on some days. I don’t think I will be able to catch up with all the postings. I will just start with the new ones and work my way back if I can.

I did wash my car today, which was fun. Before Christmas I gave up the lease car that I had taken over from the company I sold. So I replaced my 2004 Yukon with a 2008 Corvette Z06. I can’t believe the difference. :lol: I am ready for Chicago, When are we going?

Stay positive, :)

Ernie

Hi Ernie,

I had a feeling you were going through a funk as you have not posted.

I do not know anything about those drugs but I wish you the strength you need to get back to yourself. But 1 to 2 miles a day sounds incredible to me for all you are going through. They can't keep a good man down!

Good luck with our golf game today. I imagine you knowing you, you are walking not driving on of those golf carts. :D

Thinking of you,

Maryanne :wink:

Hi Ernie,

When my mom was first diagnosed in June, your story was one of the first I read and it gave me so much comfort and hope. Thank you for your positive, uplifting attitude. You are such an inspiriation to me.

I'm sorry, but I don't know of anyone who has had your drug combo. I wish you the best.

God Bless,

Maryea

Ernie,

Sorry about your low counts. Alan's been going through the same thing.

His white blood cells went down to 900, but with daily shots are now 3.1.

I think it is great you are still excersing as much as you can.

And you are now driving my DREAM CAR :P I hope you

continue to do well with treatment

Holy crap Ernie- John had Gemzar alone and it was a hard one. He had Alimta by itself and it about did him in-- I can't imagine having the two of them together, no wonder your counts tanked. I hope you have good results with the combination.