Doesn't take much....

jaminkw

My sister has been visiting all week from Arizona so I'm touching base while she still sleeps. I slept until 5 am (instead of 4) this morning, yea! It doesn't take much to get me excited these days and my labs really got me up. I get them every two weeks after chemo and that puts me one week before the next infusion. First time 2.3 and a call from the doc to get ahold of some neupogen right away. 2nd time, 4.3. Third time 5.4 and then 8.something a week later at time of infusion! This time, 8.1 two weeks after the infusion and with a really bad cold. Can't wait to see if they're still up when I go to MDACC next week. I am still taking three shots of the neupogen after each infusion but think it's awesome that it just keeps going up or staying up. What do you think?

That's great! Not having to worry so much about your white count makes it easier on everyone. When I was on the Taxol/Carbo/Avastin routine I went in for a Neulasta shot the day after the infusion -- all 6 cycles. My onc's policy was to give it routinely and not wait until the count was low. Mine stayed up in the normal range throughout my treatment and was almost a non-issue. He was also super-cautious about infection in other ways and I was put on oral antibiotics on 3 separate occasions during my treatment due to skin breaks.

Aloha,

Ned