just to let you know how things are going

lilyjohn

I just want to update all of my friends. I am still in Louisiana but my time here is winding down. Tonight marks the first night of the countdown weekend 'til Mardi Gras. It has been a wonderful trip with a few set backs. I have been to parades twice last weekend and am not too sure about the rest of them. My son's parade was supposed to roll last Friday night but it was postponed and rolled on Sunday after the ladies parade. It was a shame because they usulally kick off Mardi Gras but the weather was too threatening. I enjoyed the parades both Saturday night and Sunday. It is amazing that no matter how often I tell myself that I am just going to watch I still get caught up in the frenzy. The throws from the parade are mostly cheap trinkets but it is catching them that is exciting. I found out that I can still hear plastic cups and dabloons hitting the ground and without even thinking I become part of the frenzy!!

On another note my daughter in law had a historectomy yesterday. She should be home any time now. I stayed with my little grand daughter and got her off to school and cared for her at night. Good news is that the surgery went well and there is nothing to worry about with Angela.

Another thing arose. My grandson got really sick. He is 17 and has had asthma all of his life. He has been doing really well but the up down of the weather and staying out in it for the parades have taken their toll. He came close to having pneumonia and my son who rode in the parade has the same thing and is going to the doctor this morning. His wife was sick last week. Now I just have to keep myself well. I sure don't need to catch that especially when it is so close to time for me to go home. Please keep us in your prayers.

I can't believe how much snow they are getting at home. I love the snow but when I was working and living in French Gulch I always had to worry about getting caught on the road in a snow storm. Now that I am retired I could just sit back and enjoy it. I just want the road to be clear so I can get home but I sure hope it doesn't use up all of the snow before I get there.

One more thing. My grand daughter found out that her husband will deploy to Afghanstan in two weeks. I pray for his safty and hope you can keep him in mind with your prayers. She will be coming home but I will miss seeing her and Caroline again because she will get her a few days after I leave.

Well enough news for now. I will be leaving for home on the 11th and should be home sometime on the 16th. I'll be stopping in Bakersfield again for a couple of days. When I get home I will try to catch up on my everything.

I have nearly 100 emails that I haven't opened yet. I just don't have enough time on line. I have tried to come here a few times and catch up on everyone. I know there are many who are facing those painful aniversaries and I also know that Katie is having some emotions going on about her siblings. I just want you all to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Katie keep on dreaming those special dreams. Your siblings are just bulling you. You know that your dreams are real and you have nothing to be ashamed of. I doubt they can say the same. Please forgive me if I have missed any of you. Love Lillian