This is a test

jaminkw

Judy, you could cut a lot of your profile in half if you take out half the wording. Look down at my profile and see how I try to keep in simple reading for others. Most Survivors (that I know of) want simple reading, kind of short sweet and to the point.

Just a suggestion.

I can't remember how to make the font smallers but someone will pipe in.

Thanks for the feedback. It took me three months to get myself to sit down and record it. I think it will take awhile before I'm ready to edit it down. In the meantime, making it much much smaller will help me and not draw attention to my wordiness.

You will need to put size "tags" around your profile to make the font smaller.

To do this type at the beginning of your profile and [/size ] at the end. Don't leave any space before the last brackets - I had to do that so it would show up in this post.

Size 9 is the size of the font in my profile. The smaller the number, the smaller the font.

Hope that made sense. :)

Ned, Yeh, I did it but it seems like I put too much in and left a lot out that would describe my disease better for others. But you know, it was traumatic for me for some reason to put it in print. So, I'm proud I did it. Now I'm going out with a friend to have some fun. When I'm ready, I'll take stuff out and put stuff in and then, yes, how did you guess? I was admiring the colors!

Judy in Key West

I have the quotes in color on my profile (below). Here is what I have entered in for codes (I have added spaces before the last brackets so everything shows up).

~John Wayne[/i ]

Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant. ~ Maya Angelou[/i ][/b ][/color ]

Keep your fears for yourself, but share your courage with others.[/i ][/size ]

Judy:

As a "final touch" you could make the dates a different color, which serves almost like a blank line to improve readability:

9/20/07 PCP immediately ordered an x-ray and sent me as an emergency patient to the hospital calling ahead and describing me as having "a complete white-out of the left lung."

9/20/07 Had two liters of bloody fluid removed in ER and was admitted to hospital with pleural effusion and pneumonia.

9/20/07-9/24/07 Had x-rays and CT scans were negative for tumors. IV antibiotics resolved the pneumonia and no new fluid accumulated.

You've probably seen Dr. West's many comments on PET scans and why he generally doesn't make diagnostic decisions based on them alone. Also, as you probably know, the CT part of a combination CT-PET machine is not equivalent in detail to a regular stand-alone (dedicated) CT machine. Maybe that will change in the future...?

Aloha,

Ned

Ned: I do like the idea of the dates in different colors. Do I use tags before and after each date or set of dates? Also, looking again at your profile, I remember how helpful the section on side effects you experienced was. I haven't done that yet but since I've already edited two or three times today, changes will have to wait for another day!

No, I have not seen Dr West's post on PET scans but will go looking for it.

You weren't kidding about the 5th (hopefully you're wrong about my 6th!) infusion being rougher. I feel cheated because the 1st and 2nd were relatively benign. The third was the awful 1 1/2 hr infusion that kicked my butt. The 4th was disrupted for an evening CT WET to check for bleeds. I had to return at 7:30 am for the Avastin which was run in a half hr instead of an hour. After that one headaches were not as intense but I got an awful coughing, sniffing, sneezing cold and battled high blood pressure. This time I wake every morning with a throat that feels like someone ran across it with a sharp knife, awful headache and mild earache. The only time I get relief is about 5 1/2 hrs of 8 hr Tylenol. Blood pressure issue still not resolved with a beta blocker added. One more cocktail and hopefully I get a reprieve with Avastin alone. I am glad I was strong when I started this cause I feel like a real whimp now. You seasoned fighters help so much. When things are really bad, I sometimes remind myself I don't have blisters on my feet so when I do get some relief from pain, I can get up and do something!

Sorry for the big dump. It just all came rushing out.

Judy in Key West

Judy:

Here's how I did your profile sample modification in my last message (except here I've added a space before the right bracket of each closing code so the codes won't take effect and disappear):

9/20/07[/color ] [color=purple]PCP immediately ordered an x-ray and sent me as an emergency patient to the hospital calling ahead and describing me as having "a complete white-out of the left lung."[/color ]

9/20/07[/color ] [color=purple]Had two liters of bloody fluid removed in ER and was admitted to hospital with pleural effusion and pneumonia.[/color ]

9/20/07-9/24/07[/color ] [color=purple]Had x-rays and CT scans were negative for tumors. IV antibiotics resolved the pneumonia and no new fluid accumulated.[/color ][/size ]

Note that to change colors you have to close one color and then open the next color, every time. You can't just close one color and expect it to revert back to what it was before. So in that regard it takes twice as much coding as bold or italics, which do revert back to normal type when [/i ] or [/b ] is used.

But you can make it easy on yourself by doing this: (1) Go to your profile/signature entry window and copy all. (2) Open a regular message entry window, as if you were replying to a post, and paste in the profile code you just copied. (3) Use the code shortcut buttons at the top if they help, but especially use the Preview feature until everything looks right. (4) Copy the updated code, go back to your profile/signature entry window, paste the new code over the old, scroll down, and hit Submit.

Aloha,

Ned