Cancerous Headache?

warmpup

Ohhhh Pup, that's a bummer you have to wait another week! BUMMER, BUMMER, BUMMER! All that running around just to hear come back next week! :roll::x

Don't these people know We Hate Waiting???

Okay, so go get some rest and we'll talk about it when your rested up.

(((((((((((((((((PUPP))))))))))))))))))

Thank You so much for thinking of me today. So, had a conference with 4 docs today. They do not appear strongly encouraged with a gamma knife proceedure because of the size and place of a node in my left temporal (very very close to my left optical). Even though they do say today's MRI does look better than the last, after approximately two weeks of taking steroids. The Gamma knife is scheduled 3/5 however, they said that during the proceedure they take like indifinate MRI pics and may not conclude the proceedure and maybe suggest a for real knife and blood surgery or maybe nothing. . . .

This is the first time I have been *DEPRESSED* during all these steps. I best quit work and try to have a bit of a life soon I think.

Hi Pup you will be OK, you are worse than me and that is a long way to go... You have hedaches, but can be something else. Like Ernie said be positive!!!!!& don't woried that much. That will kill you and not the cancer.

big, big puppies hugs & lot of prayers on your way

bucky

Cancer certainly has it's ups and downs. I'm sorry that you are depressed today. I think I would be, too. It would have been nicer if you had been told that, for sure, they would do the gamma knife procedure and were confident that they would not encounter any difficulties doing so. Instead, you got "wait a little more, in March you'll find out if they think it's ok to do it, and then you'll find out if they can complete it." At least there are other options. Sounds like it's time for a trip to Kasey and Fred's Pub.

I hope that in March all goes the way you want it to.

Muriel

Pup,

Mu husband had "real" surgery last April to remove a brain met. Surprisingly to me, it was no big deal, really. Easier than chemo, easier than WBR, much easier than chest surgery. He was out and home 48 hours after the surgery, and pretty darn active within 5 days. He agrees, as scared as we both were, that it was the easiest part of this whole ordeal.

Please stay in touch with us and let us help you remember that we are with you, and want to know how you are doing!

Mary Colleen

One thing that goes hand and hand with being a lung cancer survivor is DEPRESSION!!! BUMMER!!!!! I only wish I had some magical words that would make you feel better, but the truth is, there really aren't any, other then I honestly understand how you feel! ((((((((((((PUP))))))))))))))))

Okay, now you can be depressed for a day or so, then you have to BUCK UP and hit this cancer head on and kick it out of the ball park! OKAY???? OKAY!!!!

I only wish we could be there with you so your could really hear us cheering you on! Go Get 'em Pup!!!

You CAN DO THIS! DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You for ALL of your prayers and good lucks. It is fairly certain that the node on the left temporal of the brain was handled with gamma knife. However, during today's MRI, there was a pea size node discovered on the right side and is planed to be gamma knifed next Wednesday. Then I will be sent back to Chemo. I believe I should completely quit work. Right now, my brain is leaking a bit in the back and I was instructed not to shampoo for two days so I guess work Is out of the question tomorrow.

Thank goodness in 4 weeks, was able to take enough steroides to shrink the cancer node in the left side of my head for the Hospital to use the gamaknife on the cancer node. There is one more on the right side of my brain which should be gamma knifed next Wednesday. Then they are sending me back to Chemo. *crosses fingers*

Love,

-Pup

More head MRI today, no changes noted in brain area! They gammaknifed the right side of the brain where last week they saw a pea sized node. So now they want me to return in 6 weeks for a full brain MRI.

When I was returned home, there was a phone message from SSA declairing me Disabled! They want me to bring a birth certificate and a w2 from 2007.

So people, have your thoughts and prayers blessed me with a GREAT DAY ?

*happy happy tears* and *hugs to all*

-Pup