Liz13 is now in heaven too.

Trudy's sister, Midge

:cry: I got a call from Liz's Mom this evening. Liz went to heaven yesterday, February 10, 2008. When I went to see her recently after she got the, "There's nothing more we can do talk," her greatest concern was being pain free and not lingering. Liz's pain was controlled and she did not linger. The biggest problem was trying to keep the fluid out of her lungs. They did send her to hospice with a drain after being hospitalized for some time. Her very loving Mom was with her as she left us. The memorial service is not scheduled yet, as her father has been diagnosed today with cancer and they are waiting to see when his surgery will be scheduled. This is all so very sad. I will let you know when the service will take place.

Prayers, prayers, and more prayers.

Love too,

Midge

Elizabeth L. "Liz" Leone

LEONE, Elizabeth L. "Liz" 47, of St. Petersburg, died Sunday, Feb. 10, 2008, at Hospice House Woodside, Pinellas Park. She was born in Philadelphia, PA, and was raised in South Jersey. She pursued her career as a construction engineer in California, Utah, and Florida. She moved to the St. Petersburg area in 2006. She was a member of First Alliance Church, where she came to the Lord with a very strong faith. She enjoyed rollerblade hockey and coached several young teams with great success. She was a very active pool player where she had many friends in Florida. She is survived by 1 daughter, Reanna R. Houde; 1 son, David E. Houde, both of St. Petersburg; her parents, William J. and Betty S. Obst, of Rotonda West, FL; 1 brother, Bill Obst, of Memphis, TN; and many aunts, uncles, and cousins. She was predeceased by her grandparents, Teresa and Fred Obst, and Rudy and Rosemary Szewczak. She was supported during her illness by her family, church members, numerous friends, St. Anthony's Hospital, and Hospice for which she was so appreciative. A memorial service at First Alliance Church will be announced in the near future. The family requests memorials to First Alliance Church 5000-10 St. N. St. Petersburg, FL 33703 or Hospice of the Florida Suncoast, 5771 Roosevelt Blvd. Clearwater, FL 33760 in lieu of flowers. Online memorial and guestbook at: www.gunterfuneralhome.com. E. Dale Gunter Funeral Home St. Petersburg/727-528-2880

Liz's absence on the board was of concern to me. It does not lessen the sadness I feel. It seemed she knew some of the fellow Floridians and that perhaps you all even had gotten together. I'm so sorry for those she 'knew' there who will miss her. Once again we experience the hertbreak of losing one of our family. Prayers for Liz.

Kasey

Oh Liz,

You will be missed. The courage with which you fought this disease was an inspiration to so many of us. I loved the photo of that showed you having fun with your friends. I shall always remember you fighting, playing, and living as hard as you could despite all this disease wanted to do to take that away from you. You are now beyond the grasp of this disease and freed from its evil effects. I am happy for you, but your friends on this board will miss you terribly.

Love,

Susan

Rest in peace, Liz. I only knew you from reading your postings but they always struck a chord in me by their uplifting demeanor though in the midst of battling this horrible, horrible disease. May you find warmth now in the arms of God! My condolences to all of Liz's friends and family.

I am so sad to read this. Liz was one of the most awesome people I ever "met." I always thought she was like a female version of my husband. I loved her picture with her pink boa. I loved her attitude. I loved the way she was always trying to brighten someone's day and use her faith to uplift those around her. She was a fighter and a beautiful human being. She was a wonderful writer who could pull you into her world. She will be greatly missed.

Heaven has a new angel, but Earth has a great big hole.

Prayers for her parents and her kids, who I know she loved dearly.