Jump to content

Judge rules casino smoke caused dealer's cancer


Recommended Posts



A judge says years of breathing secondhand smoke in an Atlantic City c.asino gave a dealer lung cancer.

Kam Wong never smoked. But a state worker's compensation judge determined a decade of exposure to secondhand smoke at the former Claridge c.asino Hotel caused her illness.

She was awarded 60 percent disability pay and lost wages for time she missed before and after two surgeries.

Her attorney says there was constantly smoke around Wong.

Atlantic City passed smoking restrictions for its 11 c.asinos last April, limiting smoking to no more than 25 percent of the c.asino floor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.