grieving

Connie24

I have just joined today. My mom died of lung cancer 1 year ago - Feb. 5. She was only 57 year's old. It has not been easy for me. I couldn't picture my life without her and now she is gone. She was my best friend. We talked at least 3 times a day and saw each other every week. I still reach for the phone to call her and I get so angry when I can't hear her voice. Does it get any easier? I still wake up every morning thinking that it was just a bad dream.

Connie - I lost my mother to cancer 14 years ago on Feb. 5, she was 61. It does get easier - I promise. That first year is a fog - I remember putting the kids on the bus and then getting them off hours later and having done NOTHING in between. I too used to pick up the phone and then remember she wasn't there. But in time you will find yourself smiling at memories instead of getting teary over them, you will find yourself talking out loud to her and laughing or moments will come that you just know she is there with you and that thought will make you happy not sad. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my mom - but now those thoughts are with smiles instead of tears. It will come -

Hi Connie

I am sorry that you have the reason to be here but glad you found us. My Mom was stolen by lung cancer 1 year and 1 month ago and I am not used to her not being here. i miss her voice and the sight of her face and her cards in the mail and I even miss her complaining about the weather. The only advice I can give you is to take it one day at a time. As for it getting easier I think that maybe it just becomes doable and not easier. We understand and are here for you.