Hump Day Plus 3 - an update

ginnyd

Earl has now completed 17 of his 28 radiation treatments. So far, other than extreme fatigue and a dry cough, he is tolerating the treatments very well.

The doctor told us to get Robitussin DM for the day and gave us an Rx for the night coughs. This has really helped with the coughing. The fatigue, while very annoying for him, is tolerable.

The dr. is very surprised he has had no esophagus probs so far. Fingers crossed.

The radiologist nurse has always been nurse doom and gloom. BUT, yesterday she said, "Ok guys what are you going to do when this is over".

For he to say this it is like she said "Go, you are cured". Also the dr was very upbeat about how honey is coping with this whole thing.

I have also found a huge improvement in his mind (concentration, sense of humor, just really being a part of the world - not just his world, if you know what I mean)

Is it good news - who knows. Is it bad news - NO. As you know from my posts we are both cockeyed optimists.

Will he survive this - only until he reaches 97 years and 4 months.