Hello, I am Laura with a wonderful Mom who being diagnosised

Haysha

Hello I am so happy to find this wonderful place.

My name is Laura I am 36 and my best friend, my mom was told today that she most likely has T4 inoperable small cell lung cancer. All the words that I did not want to hear. She is going for a Bronchoscopy on Tuesday so we will have a definate diagnosis then. She has been coughing blood for 2.5 months now and just recently started to have shortness of breath.

I am so scared for her, for me for my whole family. I am a nurse so understand some of what is going on but am ready to educate myself to the max to get her the best care.

I will be back and update when I can, but yesterday I had already read some of your forumns. I know that this will be a lifeline for me to come here.

Thank you to everyone.

Laura,

I am so sorry to hear that you had a need to find us but I have found everyone here to be such a support. My mom was diagnosed with sclc last February. I pray for strength and courage for your family during this time. Come here anytime for support and to ask questions. We are here to support you!

Prayers to your family,

Dana

Prayers for you and your mom as you begin this journey.

I pray that you can find hope as there are many, many people surviving at every stage of the disease.

You can certainly find strength in knowing that you are not alone and we are here to help you every step of the way.

God Bless!!

Jamie

Welcome Laura. I am a nurse also. I am a 10 years survivor. Believe me I have learned a lot the last 10 years! When disease hits so close to home it is so hard. Glad you found us.

DonnaG

Welcome, Laura. The collective knowledge and experience on lung cancer here in the LCSC is truly remarkable -- there's nothing quite like it for first-hand accounts by patients and family members, coping tips, and "we get it" support.

Another exceptionally useful site, which complements the LCSC, is onctalk.com. There's a wealth of information there, primarily on lung cancer, constantly updated by a Seattle oncologist who is an internationally-recognized expert on lung cancer and who gives high priority to promptly answering questions from people like you and me. A lot of us have "dual citizenship" so to speak, and have the same usernames there as here.

Aloha,

Ned