pet ct scan friday at Swedish

Don M

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your prayers and good wishes everyone. My radiation oncologist at Swedish called the radiologist. She told me that the big tumor has shrunk a bit. They did find what I remember her describing as a number of spots throughout the rest of my lung. She said that they were too small, 4 mm and less, to tell for sure what they are. They could be temporary areas of inflammation. I am going to have a follow-up ct scan in 2 months to see if there are any changes in the spots and if the big tumor is behaving itself. She said that she is not really concerned about the spots and that it is almost not worth mentioning because it causes patients to worry about nothing. Although I was an anxious wreck yesterday, I have not been depressed today. I have been reciting a mantra to myself. The tumor shrunk…the tumor shrunk…the tumor shrunk…

I have not read the report yet or looked at the images on the cd. I am not sure I really want to do that any more now.

I am going to continue with the lexapro. I keep a stash of xanax now. I did not have to take any xanax today and I feel much better, come what may. I will continue with the tarceva and am very grateful the tumor got smaller.

I have been praying too.

Don M

(((Don))),

The tumor shrunk…the tumor shrunk…the tumor shrunk…

Yesssssssssssss!!!! "The tumor shrunk"... Hang on to that thought , Don, and all the positive thoughts you can. You are entitled to feel a bit down at times, ya know? This journey has been no picnic for you, but Don you have really put up a valiant fight against this cancer thing. I thank you for sharing the good and the bad of it. You have always been such an inspiration to me. Still praying with you , Don. Keep us informed. "the tumor shrunk, the tumor shrunk , the tumor shrunk"... yesssssssss!!!

God Bless,

Sue

Geez, Don......you gotta post that there's an update to this thread. I would have been bummed big time if I'd missed it. I think it's just wonderful about the shrinking tumor. Remember that 'Die tumor, die" mantra???? I bet it's working. And ya know, Fred has nodules in both lungs and there's been NO change in close to 3 years. Boy, I sure hope you get even more good news in 2 months. You are my hero. And BTW......what's the point in reading the report and looking at the scan now? Put them aside and revel in the moment. I am!

Kasey

Shrinkage is good Don. I think your mantra helped.

Keep those positive thoughts.. I am right with you!

I know that wait and see feeling, but hey, there was shrinkage and that certainly is a positive sign. :D

Maryanne :wink:

That' good news Don. Let me help you with your mantra. You tumor SHRUNK!

I agree with Katie--put the reports and cds away and try to do something non-cancer related. There's far too much life to be lived to let the cancer rule. You know that better than anyone--heck you TAUGHT most of us that!

Susan

• 2 weeks later...