Cancer and The Presidential Candidates!!!!

RandyW

Now I know that personally I hate discussing Politics, But this is something I feel everyone wants to know MORE about. THats Why I am Linking This story. It is a little on the Long side thus the link. THis is a Preview of article

Clinton, Obama, and McCain compared

Cancer is now the leading cause of death in adults under the age of 85. It is also the leading cause of death by disease in children. Every day more than 1,500 men, women and children die of cancer in the U.S. That is more than 1 person every minute. What do the current presidential candidates, Obama, Clinton, and McCain know about cancer? What do they plan to do to help put a halt to this outrageous death toll?

Full story Click here;

http://www.cancermonthly.com/iNP/view.asp?ID=206

On the one hand this article has us think about what legislation ( or laws) the candidates have made or proposed concerning Cancer.

On the other hand this article discusses how the government and the FDA control treatment and drugs and what can be advertised etc.

Do we want the government to run Health Care? Do we want the government making more laws about health care.

For years now for our Senior citizens the government has been legislating what care they can have and how little they will pay for it.

I do not believe that the great strides made in Breast Cancer have been due to anything the government has done.

DonnaG

The Lance Armstrong Foundation held a Presidential Cancer Forum on August 27, 2007 and invited all the presidential candidates to attend. Clinton attended. Obama and McCain did not.

That statement above is true, we were there! Clinton and Edwards were VERY didcated in the fight against cancers. Clinton has been talked to on many occations about lung cancer. One of our past members Dave Grant had a meeting with her on behalf of lung cancer awareness.

Didn't McCain have skin cancer???

None the less, they all can say anything they want to NOW about what they will or won't do for cancer, it's IF they follow through!!!!!!!!! I'll won't give up HOPE! :wink: