I have only one Kidney

Renate

My Oncologist wants me to start with Chemo Carboplatin. I have heard this could be dangerous for the Kidneys. Is there anyone, who has one kidney and received this Chemo Treatment. Would very much appreciate any input.

I will see a second Oncologist tomorrow.

Thanks to all of you.

Renate

Hello Renate,About 12 years ago I had a kidney removed due to a annuyism(spellings off).In Aug.05 I had right lung removed followed by chemo. Mine was carboplatin and gemzar. As far as my remaining kidney went everything was fine and I have had no problems with it since.Just make sure your onco and surgeon are aware of you only having 1 kidney before your treatment.I am hoping and praying the very best for you.Mike

Renate -

I hae no specific advice for you concerning your kidney problems but do want to wish you luck.

Please remember that they do lab work prior to each chemo and I am sure that those would show if there was any kidney problems. You might want to ask your doctor if in your case they do specific blood tests related to your kidney functions.

Wishing you the best - Patti B.

My treatments will start next Monday March 3/08

Chemo only, since Cancer is too advanced I was told. Stage 3 T1, N2, MO.

Adenocarcinoma.

Chemo will consist of Carboplatin, Taxol & Avastin.

They gave me a prescription of Dexamethasone to take the day before and the Day of the Chemo.

The Oncologist the Chief of Thoracic Medical Oncology, said the Cancer could be a stage 4, which does not sound very promising. I am very scared. I think I will need your support next week.

Thank you in advance.

Renate

Oh Renate, you have our support any time you need it! ((((((((RENATE))))))))))))

We will walk you though this hand and hand. If you ever feel like you want to talk to someone, I would be more then happy to give you a call. Or you could call me. Just send me a PM (private message) if that sounds like something you would like to do. We don't post our phone numbers here on the board.

Many of our members here are on the same chemos you will be taking. So you will be able to compare notes with others. You'll do FINE!

This is very scary, I totally understand your fears.

We have all had them one time or another, and sometimes still do!!

I'm here if you need an ear or want to talk.

Renate-

Those are the three chemos I began on. I didn't have a lot of problems with them at all, altho there is the hair loss issue.

We will be here for you - ask any question, cry, vent, or just keep us update on your progress.

I, too, will be available if you need someone to talk to - just ask - and you got it!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Renate, I am going to send you a PM message. At the top of each page you will see where it says,

"MY MAIL" I will send you a message and no one else can see it but you and I. Just click onto MY MAIL and open the message I send to you.

Hugs,

Connie

P.S. You can send a REPLY to me with from that message.

quote]"Renate"]Thanks Connie & Patti, for your kind words.It might be I would like to talk to you.

If I send a PM will this message not be posted on the board?

Renate