reaffirm me...

pop is in a skilled nursing facility doing some rehab after being in the hospital for the crud/flu/whatever... I have been sick still am...all 3 of my kids were down with 104 temps...

I am NOT a bad person for taking 1 day an lounging for me...RIGHT? I am usually at the facillity 1-3 times a day...taking a day that I dont feel like total crap an just taking the day to do whatever is fine ...its gotta be ..an yet I feel guilty...

know what I did today? I took a LONG shower... played monopoly Jr with my youngest...made a sandwich for the 2 of us and took a NAP...thats it it was GREAT!

Need more affirmation? My daughter, the nurse, who was always warning me about staying away from sources of infection apparently did't have the heart a couple of months ago to tell us not to stop and visit (I'm sure it was for my grandson) when she'd had a cold. I caught it and it complicated my recovery from that infusion pretty bad. Not only did you give yourself time to recharge your batteries, you protected your dad and others in the nursing home. And oh my, how happy your son must have been, sick or no, to get quality time with Mom! Sounds like a win win situation to me.

THANKS!!!

I got up and dressed felt good...went to get the rug rat ready to go and he looks at me and says "mommy I cold!"... red cheecks and I touch him and hes burning up...102.3 sooo no visit to Dad till the Hubby gets home later tonight... it was really nice just to know I didnt HAVE to do anything...

I have been on both sides of this story - taking care of my mother with cancer and now I have it - and I can tell you that you HAVE to take care of yourself. You have to breathe, rest, pamper yourself (even if just a little bit) and regroup in order to be any help for your father and your children. Seeing you sad, tired, and sick is not going to be a help - but after a wonderful day like you just had you will be able to greet both your dad and your kids with a smile and a bit less stressed. And you gave your little one a great day today - how cool is that!

Take care of yourself - God bless you

I know what you mean about feeling guilty. It is much easier said than done to take care of yourself. I didn't have a choice with my Mom--it was just me and her. I got a terrible cold with bronchitis right after Mom was diagnosed and I just about cleared the Oncology waiting area one day with my barking cough. I ended up waiting outside peeping through a window--in February! And I wore masks at home when I had to dress her radiation wounds.

Congratulations on a day for YOU! I'm sure your Pop will understand. And double-ditto on what Welthy said about no more germs at a nursing facility!

You absolutely did the right thing. Please don't feel any guilt and think how happy you made the little guy :D Sometimes when we are stretched to the max it's important to take a step back and organize our priorities. You did that and you should feel good about it.

wendyr

yep it was nice to just sit back... and BREATHE...

Remember how I said I was gonna go see my Dad after the Hubby came home... BUT then my oldest son was brought home by a friends mom because he was playing touch football and was running backwards fell and hit the back of his head on CONCRETE...so we spent 5 hours in the ER...in which the DR looked at me and said you look familiar LOL...no broken skull or bruising but they did find a MASSIVE sinus infection...so we got antibiotics for that ...

took baby to the Dr he has a different strain of the flu than before...so deffinitly cannot bring Dad home till the fevers stop...hopefully it wont spread to the other kids

The way your situation is playing itself out reminds me of when my first grandson was a baby. I was working two jobs, my daughter thirteen hour shifts at the hospital. If I asked my son-in-law to give me a couple of hours to get critical tasks done, he would pack him up in the stroller and take him downtown all day with his druggie buddies. The poor little thing sometimes didn't even appear to have had a diaper change when I finally saw him that. The guilt and anguish finally worked it's way out in a case of shingles on my right hand and arm. Now I was not allowed to watch the baby by my nurse daughter and she wrapped me in coverings to even allow me to hold him. Sometimes things happen for a reason to give us a break from a difficult situation when we can't give it to ourselves!

Hang in there, Judy in Key West