Gemzar

sharonjo

My mom was on gemzar/carbo. Gemzar was given to her b/c it typically has milder side effects. She had a little nausea, weakness at the end, typical chemo I guess. Overall she said it was not as bad as she expected. She did have to have a few hydration IVs. And she lost only half her hair.

Oh Darn, your not going to get your break! :x BUMMER!!!! All I know about Gemzar is it's a mild type of chemo.

I think a couple of my lc members were on it, but I don't remember what they said the side effects were.

None the less, let's hope this drug is the magic bullet for YOU!!!!!

DEb had the Navy bean Gemzar mix with minimal side effects and great results as her first chemo 4 1/2 years ago.. Hope this helps some!

Hi Sharon. Im sorry you didnt get that break.I was on gemzar and carboplatin. It really wasnt to bad except for some loss of appetite and sleepyness.But I also was on alot of pain med from my surgerys so some of my side effects might of been from those. I hope and pray you get good results and then a break.

Hi Sharon,

I tolerated Gemzar well with minimal side effects. My hair thinned a bit and my blood counts suffered a bit. That's about it really, I lived life normally. It worked well on me, it halved my primary tumour, so it was deemed a success.

Hope it works well for you too,

Sharon