Quotes on grief

KatieB

Sorrow makes us all children again - destroys all differences of intellect. The wisest know nothing. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. ~Jan Glidewell

There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go. ~Author Unknown

Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway. ~Mary C. Crowley

Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight. ~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose. ~From the television show The Wonder Years

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

To live in hearts we leave behind

Is not to die.

~Thomas Campbell, "Hallowed Ground"

While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. ~John Taylor

Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains. ~Kahlil Gibran

Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality. ~Emily Dickinson

Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. ~Author Unknown

For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity. ~William Penn

Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,

May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.

"KatieB"]

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

All of those quotes are wonderful, but the one above was my favorite.

These quotes remind us how we are not the first, nor will we be the last, to walk this painful path. That's why it's so important to share the journey with others, because it can so feel like we're the only ones.

Thank you for sharing these, Katie.

While I like them all and they ring true for me-

My favorite one right now is this one...

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. ~Jan Glidewell

Simply because of how the last year has unfolded between me and my siblings, this one speaks to me.

Sometimes you have to let the past go, so you can focus on your present, the people who are alive in your life who really care and depend on you- ALL while grieving the loss of your loved one and of your past as you knew it!

Sounds almost impossible at times when I think about that. If ever I figure out how to do it all successfully, I will certainly let you know!

this one make sme cry every timne and is so true...

Sunny days seem to hurt the most

I wear the pain like a heavy coat

The only thing that gives me hope

Is I know, I'll see you again someday

Kenney Chesney, "Who you be today"

Katie,

Those are some wonderful quotes... my favorite has to be the second one though... it truly applies to me and the way I have been living my life... time to unload some of the baggage from my arms. Love you Katie for making me realize some important things today. Sharon