Stability again

TracyD

I just got my scan results today after eight weeks on this clinical trial and the results are "stable disease". For the first time in just over a year I have scans which show no growth, no spread, and some decrease in the pleural effusion. The cancer had been growing slowly and steadily for the past 13 months, and it has stopped dead in its tracks.

Now comes the hard part of the trial, randomization. I will do another three cycles, six weeks, and then have scans again. If there is progression at any time the study will be unblinded, and, if I am getting the placebo, I will have the option of taking the drug again.

This is going to be hard, as I will know in a few days, based on side effects, whether I'm getting the study drug or a placebo. If I'm getting the placebo I'm going to start to worry too much. At least it's only six weeks at the most.

I am feeling good and living life to the fullest. Just ask my family, I think they have a hard time keeping up with me!!!

Tracy

Tracy,

This is such good news. STABLE is a word we love around here. So glad you feel good and are hard to keep up with. Know that I will keep you in my prayers for the up and coming.

Kasey has the Pub open . Hope you will join us. I'm buying whatever you would like to drink, but you being kin and all I imagine she will cut us a good deal. :wink:

Love,

Sue

Tracey Please remember what you are doing is possibly helping find a cure for this disease.. You never know! But you continue on. You know the status right nopw and stable is great news. Better that the past news of growth and progression. You are being a PIONEER and a FIGHTER also these 2 are admirable traits and qualities to have. HAng in there and think positive Hugs and Prayers Randy

Stable and decreased PE -- that's great! It sounds like there are good safeguards in place for the randomized portion, but I'd probably get a little antsy too if I thought I was on the placebo. Keep us updated -- maybe they're on to something with this drug. Aloha,

Ned

I already said it on your Carepages, but I'll say it again........WOOHOO!!!!!

I sure hope in a few days you will know that you ARE, indeed, still taking the drug. I know either way you will still get it, just am oping it can be NOW, ya know? We'll talk soon so I can hear all about what that great doc had to say about it. Glad to know it's been working so far. Great news!

Love,

Aunt Kasey

Hi Tracy,

Glad to hear you have stable results, that is fantastic news. I hope you are not receiving the placebo either, at least you can get the real thing eventually.

Great news and i'm happy you are feeling so well.

All the best,

Sharon

Tracy, this is good news! I'm thrilled for you and for your family, but I also want to thank you for participating in this trial. I know you are looking for something to help you beat this disease, but your participation will help many more people as well. Thank you for taking that risk and I hope you continue to have a great response!

Susan

Great news Tracy. So far so good, you must be feeling so relieved. Now hopefully everything will follow in its path.

We are all pushing for you here and I heard how wonderful you are with your family. Its true they are having a hard time keeping up with you.(hmmm I wonder who told me that)??

You have a fantatice attitude and that is half the battle.

Good luck, I know things will work out in your favor like it is already doing.

Maryanne :wink:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Tracy ~ this is the BEST news!!!! I haven't been around in awhile and this just thrills me to no end!!! You really are one of my heros - and I can feel this is the first of many good reports to come! Good Luck to your family in keeping up with you...they are gonna need it! :wink:

Hugs of JOY!!! (((((((Tracy)))))))

Yours in HOPE!

Stacey

P.S. I'll have a frosty Corona, Kasey, with a little lime & salt...eeek, and it's not even noon...!!! :shock::lol:

great news. Yes I understand your thinking about the trial and the placebo. I am hoping to start on a trial soon and am wondering how batty I am going to drive myself wondering if I am getting treatment or placebo. Don't think I will have option of being unblinded though.

again, great news, stop that cancer dead in it's tracks. And 6 weeks for this disease is not going to make any darn difference. take care