Great Lunch!!!!

Kasey

Hey everybody!!!!! This is GOOD news, so thought MAYBE this is where it should be posted. Hope everybody sees this here. Saturday was an EAST COAST get together. And get together we sure did :D !!!!! There were 11 of us and JACK, by far, was the star of the show!!!! Fred sent Katie pics to post. You will see what I mean :wink: .

It was torrential rains, but all who said they'd be there for sure were!!!! It only took us 3 hours to eat lunch!!!! Luckily we had our own 'private' dining room and the cutest of cute waiters (you'll see James too) as our server. Amazing how we had so much to talk about ~ yes ~ cancer was part of it, but only part. We mostly were loud and laughing and just enjoyed being together. We've decided to do it again.....maybe a couple of times a year. The Irish Pub was an excellent choice of restaurant too. We are, however, all sworn to secrecy about the rest of the going ons :?:wink::roll: !!!

Here's the roster: Maryanne and Joel, Sharon (Sharonjo), Ginny, Gail (from NJ) and her sister (Karen), JB, Col, Jack, Fred, and Kasey!

Maybe next time Teacake (Fran), Palves (Paula), CAT, Dar, and ellack (Mare) and Marie from Doylestown will all be able to make it too. It was just AWESOME to 'be' together.

Keep your eye out for the pics!

Kasey

PA1.jpg

PA2.jpg

PA3.jpg

PA4.jpg

PA5.jpg

I second everything Kasey said. We had such a good time. I had met Gail, Marianne and Joel and Kasey and Fred before and it was great to see them again. Col, John and cute, adorable, good as gold Jack and Sharon and Karen were just like old friends even though we were meeting for the first time.

In addition to the countrywide get togethers, I think regional ones are a great way to get to know each other.

As Kasey said, we hope to continue this on a regular basis and hope that the group grows larger.

And you are right JB, Boxty's are delicious.

I sure wish I could have made it!! And my co-workers do say I have a genetically innate homing device to get me to Pubs. :wink: Hopefully weather, work and flu bugs won't conspire against me next time. Glad you all had fun and can't wait to see the pics!

My turn,

The first pics are our LC survivors! Kasey, Gail, Joel,Sharon and Col.

It was a GREAT and I do hope it grows!! You guys who didn't make it you missed a fun time. I really hope you can make it next time. You better!

The weather did not hinder any of us and yes, as you see (ladies) our waiter was so cute and also so attentive. He explained to us about the fixturing of the PUB that all the fixtures,furniture and pictures and the bars all come directly from Ireland.

It was so great to see everyone. We had such a nice time talking and like Kasey said not just about LC, that was left home we just wanted to get aquainted and eat, drink and be merry... which we sure did. :mrgreen:

Little Jack was adorable and a delightful and even though a little shy at first he certaily opened up especially to Ginny, she sure made an impression on him ... He gave her high fives and even tens and a hug... he must have known that she is a grandmom :D

There will be more pics to come. When everyone sends me over their pictures I will take out the dups and send it in a slideshow. Meanwhile the ones the Fred took that are posted on here are awesome.

Thanks Fred... and thank you everyone who came. We have to make this a quarterly event and at the same PUB as they were GREAT!! Also the food was really good also... loved the nacho's and cheese. Yummy..

Maryanne :wink:

Yes, a good looking bunch indeed!

it was certainly worth the drive, even with the weather.

BTW lunch buddies, by the time I got back to NJ late Sat night, (had dinner with parents in PA), we were without power, and as of this posting, still don't have it. Hubbie & I are staying in a Hilton :wink:

gail

Woo-woo Gail ~ you and hubby at a Hilton!!!!! Wish there was an emoticon for 'romance', ya know!!! Sorry about your power. Glad you shopped till you dropped(?) ~ well at least you shopped some! Buy anything noteworthy? Maybe if you had known you could have picked up a snappy little negligee :wink: ! Unfortunately we headed straight home.

Hope we get together again this summer. Maybe see you on your way by to York???? That would be great.

Kasey

Wow Gail,

That sucks! Thank God no power outage for me - just broken tree branches over the front and side lawns! Guess I'll have to call my brother to come over with his chain saw and cut them up for me! Glad to get to finally meet you and the others. It sure was fun and I'm in on next time for sure. Just hope the weather is better!

Sharon

I'm loving the pic of Jack in the Guinness barrel. And wondering - could I fit in that Guinness barrel? :wink: I'm all about the great photo-op, always thinking of the future scrapbook page! (note to self, lose some weight before the next northern east coast gathering!)

And we had wicked winds yesterday, so much so that my very good friend, who is pregnant and due in about 3 weeks, had a tree go down that not only totalled her car, but her husband's car as well. I say one car is horrible luck, both your cars, someone is telling you something. :) When in doubt, ya gotta laugh! I just can't believe it, not another car on the street was touched. OY! (pardon the thread drift).

Agreed, we had an Awesome time. It was so nice to meet everyone face to face. The whether was horrid, but that didn't stop us. Jack eventually warmed up and stopped being shy, but I still couldn't get him to sing any Irish drinking songs with me. (trust me, he knows three word for word.) Hopefully next time I can get him to sing for us. He did do a lot of running around and dancing. He loved everyone there, and kept latching on to Fred. Sorry Fred.

His exact quote "that lunch was fun, those people are nice. i liked it." Great Jack, now get back in the Guiness barrel and behave.

Wow Gail, that's crazy. Spend all day in PA and head back to NJ only to be out of power. Had you known that, could have just stayed at the Pub and gotten drunk.

Good times. Looking forward to more pics, and looking forward to doing it again.

Thanks to Ginny and Kasey for taking this under their wing, and thanks to everyone who came.

One last thing. Kasey, can you send me that picture of Jack in the Guiness Barrel, I want to make that my new avatar. Or Katie B, since I'll need your help anyway, if you read this, can you just change it for me?

JB! Check your mailbox. I have LOTS of cute Jack pics to send you. All I need is your email address. Fred has them in one of those slide show things.

Fred has a way with babies, kids, and animals. Don't know if it's his voice or if they can sense with goodness. He could always put the grandchildren right to sleep. They ALL gravitate to him.

So............get your email to me. We only sent Katie a couple of the pics. We have LOADS more. Figured that would be a bit overkill here :wink: !

Great to meet you.

Kasey

We had such a great time on Saturday!!!! Can't wait to do it again!! Jack is here with me and is LOVING seeing his picture on the sight. He said "hey there I am in the barrel at the fun lunch." hahahahaha!!!

Thank you!!!!

Hi JB,

I also sent you the slide show of Jack. Some we taken from Kasey and Sharon. Like I said still waiting for Ginnys's. She has to find her wire that goes from her camera to the computer.

I will also send all the pics in a slideshow when you sends them to me.

GREAT pics of JACK. We all took the barrel pictures. I clean up the one with the barrel, I cropped out all the junk around him. I will include that in the slideshow.

Maryanne :wink: