Bill Just Completed Third Round

Barb73

Alice: I did it, I did it! Sorry but Barbara helped me figure out how to reply individually to people within an ongoing discussion and I couldn't help celebrating after I posted her and then you and it worked!

Welcome. I just joined the other site because I already move between this and onctalk.com and it's helpful when I get restless in between infusions. This is still the most comfortable for me as well even though I occasionally feel like an outsider because everyone seems to know everyone else so well.

I'm not big on pushing people to do a profile because it really took me awhile to tackle it in spite of the urgings of others. But--I would really like to know a little bit more about Bob's journey. I was diagnosed in October 2007 IIIB inoperable and am impressed with his NED since 2006. Just a few details in a post would be great--like what kind and what kind of treatment, i.e. surgery, radiations, chemo?

Again, welcome aboard.

Judy in Key West

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, Judy, what I would so dearly love? It would be to post Bill's history in small print. How can I do that? Thank you for any assistance in my doing that.

Barbara

"jaminkw"]Barbara: I'm not sure if I'm doing this right or not. My intention is to reply to both you and Alice. I hit the quote button and it copied your whole first post but here goes.

I went to the other site too. I'm going in once a day for awhile but I don't feel the same kind of energy I feel here. I do enjoy going from here to onctalk.com. They really serve different purposes for me. I get the sense of community here and some really good academic stuff there.

My main purpose for posting. Please don't worry about a profile being too long. I've left a lot of stuff out of mine but realize I really appreciate the info in others, even the long ones that take a lot of time to read. Maybe even especially the long ones (like Rich I think???) because everytime I go through it, I really how long term a survivor he is and how much he's been through to still be so positive. So--think hard before you cut!

Judy in Key West

Barbara: Usually I'm the one asking for tech help but here goes. Looking back at my "My Profile," I think this is what I was told to do. Go back to your "My Profile" and place your cursor before the first word of the first line and insert this: then go to the beginning of the line below the last line and enter [\size]. These [ ] are brackets, not parentheses. If it doesn't work let me know or look for Ned in Hawaii and pm him. Tell him Judy sent you!

Hope this helps.

Judy in Key West

"Barb73" You know, Judy, what I would so dearly love? It would be to post Bill's history in small print. How can I do that?

Barbara, in case Judy is tied up let me help you with that -- I just found myself with some spare time this afternoon because it's raining and I can't mow the lawn...darn!!

To make the lettering in your profile smaller, type (size=9) at the very beginning of the profile text and (/size) at the very end, except use square brackets [ ] instead of parentheses ( ). I had to type it this way here so the codes wouldn't take effect and disappear. If I enter the codes correctly, with square brackets, the first part of your profile will look like this:

Bill, diagnosed at age 74 in December 2004.

Diagnosis: Adenocarcinoma Stage IIIB - inoperable due to location.

Jan. 3, 2005 - Feb. 25, 2005 - Concurrent: Radiation w/carboplatin and taxol - aggressive, 7-wk regimen with scans showing 50% shrinkage of tumor and nodes.

Sept. 8, 2005 - Swollen gland in neck checked

Sept. 13, '05 - CT scan of neck

Sept. 14, '05 - Chest X-ray

Sept. 28, '05 - Biopsy of neck nodule/positive

In looking through your profile, I noticed some extra hard returns and line breaks that could be taken out to save room. By doing that, plus making the dates bold -- put (B) before and (/b) after each date with square brackets -- you can save room and make it easier to read at the same time. You can use WordPad to take out the extra returns/breaks then copy-paste back into your profile window. So then your entire profile would look something like this:

Bill, diagnosed at age 74 in December 2004. Diagnosis: Adenocarcinoma Stage IIIB - inoperable due to location.

Jan. 3, 2005 - Feb. 25, 2005 - Concurrent: Radiation w/carboplatin and taxol - aggressive, 7-wk regimen with scans showing 50% shrinkage of tumor and nodes.

Sept. 28, '05 - Biopsy of neck nodule/positive. The New Stage became Stage IIIB-IV

Oct. '05 - Jan. '06 Gemzar/carboplatin regimen

Jan. 12, '06 - Scans determine results stable - except neck nodule. Oncologist changed regimen to Alimta

Jan. 2006 -Alimta

March 2006 - CT Scan - Alimta working. Neck nodule had shrunk in less than ten days after first infusion.

July 2006 - Scans show shrinkage, Alimta still working.

October 2006 Continuing with Alimta - Bill has received 12th infusion. Results of CT scans of abdomen and pelvis (ordered by urologist concerned about kidney cysts found two years ago). CT Scans: Nothing of concern in any organs.

November 14, 2006 - Alimta infusion #13

December 12, 2006 - Alimta #14. Shoulder has been painful. MRI ordered w/wo contrast for closer look at that area December 18.

Dec. 16-27 MRI results show possible tearing in shoulder? A mass is seen, and another scan is suggested for additional look due to "history." Scan taken by Radiation Oncologist. Alimta #15 - Appt. Thursday, Jan. 11, 2007, cancelled due to shoulder problem.

Jan. 11, 2007 - Two bone mets (one was mentioned over a year ago, but "disappeared" on subsequent CT scans) to receive radiation tx over 15 sessions to lessen/eliminate pain in shoulder.

Jan. 17 - PM - Begin rad. tx.

Jan. 25 -PM Will be changing positioning for effective continuance of radiation, so as not to damage nerves in arm. Still experiencing pain in shoulder, taking Advil every 4-6 hours.

February 13, 2007 - Last Radiation Tx tonight. Had 20 in all. No pain, discomfort. All feels OK.

February 19 - Fatigue ending - energy level rising.

February 20 - Scans scheduled, depending on results, chemotherapy break for three months.

February 27 CT Scans Taken.

February 28 call from oncologist's office - appointment tomorrow for follow up.

March 1, 2007 - Chest CT scan fine, Neck CT Scan shows neck node growing. PET taken. After PET scan, we will confer with oncologist to determine what course to take. Received PET scan in the mail. No further mets anywhere else .

March 15, 2007 - Met w/radiation oncologist. He conferred w/chemotherapy oncologist. The PET shows ONLY the bone met worked upon, and the neck nodule. Scheduled to radiate neck nodule. Everything else is OK.

March 19/07 - Appointment with chemotherapy oncologist - blood work.

March 20/07 Began plan and was mapped for radiation treatments.

March 21/07 Xray and first treatment tonight late evening.

March 30/07 More than 1/2 way through rd txs. Xrays taken yesterday. Doing well, eating well, fatigue, but resting at those times.

4/11 - Doctor adding five more to treatments. Good to go. Will have 20 completed next week.

April 18, 2007 - Bill was set up & planned out for 5 more rad txs (straight on).

April 25, 2007 - Competed Rad Txs (20 to shoulder, 20+5 to neck). Feeling well. Has been active and hasn't lost energy level.

May 25, 2007 - Followup visit to Radiation Oncologist. Bill told him of a "slight movement in back muscle" (twitch) which has occurred several times in left wing of back. Doctor said it could be involuntary message, so ordered CT scan of brain for May 30.

May 30 - Results of CT scan of brain: A solitary met in midbrain. Discussion resulted in WBR prescribed for a month. If met is not obliterated then, cyberknife/directed radiation treatment.

May 31 - Began WBR.

June 11, 2007 - Bill has completed his 8th WBR tx. He began with 3 steroid tablets a day, but the dosage gradually lessened to one. He will be having 20 treatments in all.

June 25 - Decadron over and done. Last 3 rad txs (total 20) will be completed June 27.

June 27 - Last treatment today #20. Will visit radiation/oncologist) for observation and vital stats.

June 28 - Post tx visit in one month.

July 26, 2007 - There was an "uptake" on the right side of the neck in conjunction with the CT scan. A couple of others were too small, or undetermined as to what they were. Appt. next week for scan to see how the WBR worked. Next appt. for oncologist will be in 8 weeks.

August - Still on a chemo break.

September 20 - Discussed results of early CT Scan - Significant reduction of nodule in midbrain. Further shrinkage expected. Next Brain CT Scan October 8 Also, CT scan w/contrast of neck and chest. If shrinkage of brain nodule continues there may be no need for directed radiation - continued shrinkage. Bill continues to be "a bit tired," and Is eating well, but not in the mood to eat - has lost famous appetite. But, he doesn't allow himself to skip a meal - even though it takes longer to finish - very long. Keeps very active, but takes naps when needed. He has lost 8 lbs. since beginning of radiation. He was 180 lbs. - now 172 lbs. Oncologist said that if there is no growth on scans we will not attack, but if there is, we will. Still on chemo break.

October 8 CT Scan of brain shows narrow sliver of fluid, appt.

October 9 to see Neurosurgeon to assess significance of finding. He told us that we would watch it because it was a narrow ribbon on the periphery of the brain. Most likely, it would disappear on its own. No symptoms.

Nov. 8 CT Scan of brain, office of Neurosurgeon called to make an appointment for November 19. Bill feels fine. Has been active, takes a nap if he needs, is still spending time outdoors, raking, etc. - but pacing self.

November 19 - Report on (what was called "fluid" on first visit is now being referred to as blood)but down to a minute sliver and will be followed next month to assess once again. Asked neurosurgeon when it might disappear completely(ballpark estimate). He estimated in about three months.

December 26, 2007 - Visited the neurosurgeon for liquid/blood issue in brain. On this last CT Scan, that area had increased slightly. Three options: Continued watching and do nothing as yet. Give Decadron for three weeks and see what that can do. If it doesn't work, go in and do surgery. The last option is to go in and do surgery now. Asked the doctor if it were his brain which would he choose. He said, "I would choose Number 2. Take meds and see if that could resolved it." We concur.

January 3. 2008 - Had CT Scan of Neck/Chest. Dr.'s office called and said OK, but wanted PET as Gold Standard (also it has been six months from last PET).

January 10 - PET Scan Today.

January 15 - Bill will be having a CT of brain to determine if the narrow ribbon og fluid/blood on left outet periphery of brain has diminished with the Decadron. Otherwise, Bill is feeling very well.

January 17 - Neurosurgeon called and said that Bill does not need to see him further (unless he should have an untoward symptom) because the "ribbon" of fluid is now extremely narrow. The decadron worked.

January 21 - Visit to oncologist to discuss PET scan taken after CT scan of neck and chest. Will report back here after discussion. OK, here it is: Growth in neck area left side and rear, and new growth (small) in lung (all other organs NO uptake). Next Monday, January 28, Chemo regimen: Avastin/taxol/carboplatin

January 28 - We were at Cancer Center 10 hours altogether from arrival (CBC/BP/weight) to completion. Had Infusion with Avastin followed by a VERY, VERY SLOW drip of taxol (starting out slowly w/taxol) and lastly, Carboplatin. Prescribed: One week daily injections Neupogen (wbc). Bill is fine. Coninues living "new normal."

February 18, 2008. 2nd Infusion Avastin/Taxol/Carbo. Doing well.

February 19-25 Neupogen injections for white blood cell count. Completed injections. Bill OK.

March 6, 2008: CT w/Contrast Neck and Chest to assess effectiveness of regimen.

March 11 - Visit to oncologist, read CT results, shrinkage, going forward with third round. To receive one week of daily injections Neupogen for wbc (white blood cell boosting).

March 19 - Bill trimmed library books in basement - many bundles. Packed each bundle with cord, and set out for pick up.

Still moving actively every day. Feels fine. Takes daily nap.

Another tip: If you're posting several times in the same topic thread, you can enter some of the posts without the profile and save even more room. As you're writing your message, look at the check boxes at the bottom of the screen and uncheck the box that says "Attach signature." That will be effective for this message only, so you don't have to undo anything to have the profile appear with your next message. I've done that for my profile on this message, since it's repeated somewhere close to the beginning of this thread.

By the way, I'm glad I took the time to do this, because it gave me another chance to read about your husband's amazing journey. You're both to be congratulated! Aloha,

Ned

Ned,

My eyes have crossed, and my brain is becoming a bit jellied, but I am going to try this procedure tomorrow.

Both you and Judy have given me some homework for tomorrow.

Right now, I am going to give myself 40 winks.

You guys are terrific - really. Wish I were faster in the learining curvd. :lol:

But, I will do it - albeit, it may take some time.

Barbara

"recce101"]
"Barb73" You know, Judy, what I would so dearly love? It would be to post Bill's history in small print. How can I do that?

Barbara, in case Judy is tied up let me help you with that -- I just found myself with some spare time this afternoon because it's raining and I can't mow the lawn...darn!!

To make the lettering in your profile smaller, type (size=9) at the very beginning of the profile text and (/size) at the very end, except use square brackets [ ] instead of parentheses ( ). I had to type it this way here so the codes wouldn't take effect and disappear. If I enter the codes correctly, with square brackets, the first part of your profile will look like this:

Bill, diagnosed at age 74 in December 2004.

Diagnosis: Adenocarcinoma Stage IIIB - inoperable due to location.

Sept. 28, '05 - Biopsy of neck nodule/positive

In looking through your profile, I noticed some extra hard returns and line breaks that could be taken out to save room. By doing that, plus making the dates bold -- put (B) before and (/b) after each date with square brackets -- you can save room and make it easier to read at the same time. You can use WordPad to take out the extra returns/breaks then copy-paste back into your profile window. So then your entire profile would look something like this:

Bill, diagnosed at age 74 in December 2004. Diagnosis: Adenocarcinoma Stage IIIB - inoperable due to location.

Sept. 28, '05 - Biopsy of neck nodule/positive. The New Stage became Stage IIIB-IV

Oct. '05 - Jan. '06 Gemzar/carboplatin regimen

Jan. 12, '06 - Scans determine results stable - except neck nodule. Oncologist changed regimen to Alimta

Jan. 2006 -Alimta

March 2006 - CT Scan - Alimta working. Neck nodule had shrunk in less than ten days after first infusion.

July 2006 - Scans show shrinkage, Alimta still working.

October 2006 Continuing with Alimta - Bill has received 12th infusion. Results of CT scans of abdomen and pelvis (ordered by urologist concerned about kidney cysts found two years ago). CT Scans: Nothing of concern in any organs.

November 14, 2006 - Alimta infusion #13

December 12, 2006 - Alimta #14. Shoulder has been painful. MRI ordered w/wo contrast for closer look at that area December 18.

Dec. 16-27 MRI results show possible tearing in shoulder? A mass is seen, and another scan is suggested for additional look due to "history." Scan taken by Radiation Oncologist. Alimta #15 - Appt. Thursday, Jan. 11, 2007, cancelled due to shoulder problem.

Jan. 11, 2007 - Two bone mets (one was mentioned over a year ago, but "disappeared" on subsequent CT scans) to receive radiation tx over 15 sessions to lessen/eliminate pain in shoulder.

Jan. 17 - PM - Begin rad. tx.

Jan. 25 -PM Will be changing positioning for effective continuance of radiation, so as not to damage nerves in arm. Still experiencing pain in shoulder, taking Advil every 4-6 hours.

February 13, 2007 - Last Radiation Tx tonight. Had 20 in all. No pain, discomfort. All feels OK.

February 19 - Fatigue ending - energy level rising.

February 20 - Scans scheduled, depending on results, chemotherapy break for three months.

February 27 CT Scans Taken.

February 28 call from oncologist's office - appointment tomorrow for follow up.

March 1, 2007 - Chest CT scan fine, Neck CT Scan shows neck node growing. PET taken. After PET scan, we will confer with oncologist to determine what course to take. Received PET scan in the mail. No further mets anywhere else .

March 15, 2007 - Met w/radiation oncologist. He conferred w/chemotherapy oncologist. The PET shows ONLY the bone met worked upon, and the neck nodule. Scheduled to radiate neck nodule. Everything else is OK.

March 19/07 - Appointment with chemotherapy oncologist - blood work.

March 20/07 Began plan and was mapped for radiation treatments.

March 21/07 Xray and first treatment tonight late evening.

March 30/07 More than 1/2 way through rd txs. Xrays taken yesterday. Doing well, eating well, fatigue, but resting at those times.

4/11 - Doctor adding five more to treatments. Good to go. Will have 20 completed next week.

April 18, 2007 - Bill was set up & planned out for 5 more rad txs (straight on).

April 25, 2007 - Competed Rad Txs (20 to shoulder, 20+5 to neck). Feeling well. Has been active and hasn't lost energy level.

May 25, 2007 - Followup visit to Radiation Oncologist. Bill told him of a "slight movement in back muscle" (twitch) which has occurred several times in left wing of back. Doctor said it could be involuntary message, so ordered CT scan of brain for May 30.

May 30 - Results of CT scan of brain: A solitary met in midbrain. Discussion resulted in WBR prescribed for a month. If met is not obliterated then, cyberknife/directed radiation treatment.

May 31 - Began WBR.

June 11, 2007 - Bill has completed his 8th WBR tx. He began with 3 steroid tablets a day, but the dosage gradually lessened to one. He will be having 20 treatments in all.

June 25 - Decadron over and done. Last 3 rad txs (total 20) will be completed June 27.

June 27 - Last treatment today #20. Will visit radiation/oncologist) for observation and vital stats.

June 28 - Post tx visit in one month.

July 26, 2007 - There was an "uptake" on the right side of the neck in conjunction with the CT scan. A couple of others were too small, or undetermined as to what they were. Appt. next week for scan to see how the WBR worked. Next appt. for oncologist will be in 8 weeks.

August - Still on a chemo break.

September 20 - Discussed results of early CT Scan - Significant reduction of nodule in midbrain. Further shrinkage expected. Next Brain CT Scan October 8 Also, CT scan w/contrast of neck and chest. If shrinkage of brain nodule continues there may be no need for directed radiation - continued shrinkage. Bill continues to be "a bit tired," and Is eating well, but not in the mood to eat - has lost famous appetite. But, he doesn't allow himself to skip a meal - even though it takes longer to finish - very long. Keeps very active, but takes naps when needed. He has lost 8 lbs. since beginning of radiation. He was 180 lbs. - now 172 lbs. Oncologist said that if there is no growth on scans we will not attack, but if there is, we will. Still on chemo break.

October 8 CT Scan of brain shows narrow sliver of fluid, appt.

October 9 to see Neurosurgeon to assess significance of finding. He told us that we would watch it because it was a narrow ribbon on the periphery of the brain. Most likely, it would disappear on its own. No symptoms.

Nov. 8 CT Scan of brain, office of Neurosurgeon called to make an appointment for November 19. Bill feels fine. Has been active, takes a nap if he needs, is still spending time outdoors, raking, etc. - but pacing self.

November 19 - Report on (what was called "fluid" on first visit is now being referred to as blood)but down to a minute sliver and will be followed next month to assess once again. Asked neurosurgeon when it might disappear completely(ballpark estimate). He estimated in about three months.

December 26, 2007 - Visited the neurosurgeon for liquid/blood issue in brain. On this last CT Scan, that area had increased slightly. Three options: Continued watching and do nothing as yet. Give Decadron for three weeks and see what that can do. If it doesn't work, go in and do surgery. The last option is to go in and do surgery now. Asked the doctor if it were his brain which would he choose. He said, "I would choose Number 2. Take meds and see if that could resolved it." We concur.

January 3. 2008 - Had CT Scan of Neck/Chest. Dr.'s office called and said OK, but wanted PET as Gold Standard (also it has been six months from last PET).

January 10 - PET Scan Today.

January 15 - Bill will be having a CT of brain to determine if the narrow ribbon og fluid/blood on left outet periphery of brain has diminished with the Decadron. Otherwise, Bill is feeling very well.

January 17 - Neurosurgeon called and said that Bill does not need to see him further (unless he should have an untoward symptom) because the "ribbon" of fluid is now extremely narrow. The decadron worked.

January 21 - Visit to oncologist to discuss PET scan taken after CT scan of neck and chest. Will report back here after discussion. OK, here it is: Growth in neck area left side and rear, and new growth (small) in lung (all other organs NO uptake). Next Monday, January 28, Chemo regimen: Avastin/taxol/carboplatin

January 28 - We were at Cancer Center 10 hours altogether from arrival (CBC/BP/weight) to completion. Had Infusion with Avastin followed by a VERY, VERY SLOW drip of taxol (starting out slowly w/taxol) and lastly, Carboplatin. Prescribed: One week daily injections Neupogen (wbc). Bill is fine. Coninues living "new normal."

February 18, 2008. 2nd Infusion Avastin/Taxol/Carbo. Doing well.

February 19-25 Neupogen injections for white blood cell count. Completed injections. Bill OK.

March 6, 2008: CT w/Contrast Neck and Chest to assess effectiveness of regimen.

March 11 - Visit to oncologist, read CT results, shrinkage, going forward with third round. To receive one week of daily injections Neupogen for wbc (white blood cell boosting).

March 19 - Bill trimmed library books in basement - many bundles. Packed each bundle with cord, and set out for pick up.

Still moving actively every day. Feels fine. Takes daily nap.

Another tip: If you're posting several times in the same topic thread, you can enter some of the posts without the profile and save even more room. As you're writing your message, look at the check boxes at the bottom of the screen and uncheck the box that says "Attach signature." That will be effective for this message only, so you don't have to undo anything to have the profile appear with your next message. I've done that for my profile on this message, since it's repeated somewhere close to the beginning of this thread.

By the way, I'm glad I took the time to do this, because it gave me another chance to read about your husband's amazing journey. You're both to be congratulated! Aloha,

Ned

Barbara, it's almost 40 winks time out here too. But if you're wondering why the size tags didn't work in your latest modification, it's because the slash mark in the end code is angled the wrong direction. It should be a forward slash / but you have a back slash \ and that's why you can actually see the codes and they didn't take effect. Change the code at the end to [/size] with no space after the slash and that should work. Aloha,

Ned

Hey Ned, thanks for backing me up. Obviously, I need 60 winks and hit the sack before you guys. I missed the backsplash problem. Now, when my company leaves, I need to work on the color issue making my dates stand out.

Judy in the am in Key West

Yay, Judy, I shrunk the profile. :lol:

Thank you for your help.

Barbara

"jaminkw"]Barbara: Usually I'm the one asking for tech help but here goes. Looking back at my "My Profile," I think this is what I was told to do. Go back to your "My Profile" and place your cursor before the first word of the first line and insert this: then go to the beginning of the line below the last line and enter [\size]. These [ ] are brackets, not parentheses. If it doesn't work let me know or look for Ned in Hawaii and pm him. Tell him Judy sent you!

Hope this helps.

Judy in Key West

Dear Arlene,

Thank you for the welcome. Sending a warm hug, and welcoming you here, as well.

As always,

Barbara

"arlene"]Hi Barb73 - I found you on this site!!!! :D I wish you and Bill continued enjoyment of your "new normal." fondly- arlene

Barbara: I have to ask. Are you Barbara as Barbara Ellen and Bill on the Inspire website? If so girl they have all kinds of red alerts out for you because you've gone missing! I go in and out of it now and then but I really don't like the setup.

Judy in Key West

Hi Judy,

I had been there since it was SLCA, a cozy and comfy site with lung cancer as the main and only focus - as it should have been due to its being so unfairly neglected and funded so sparsely for ever so long.

Lung cancer has always been weighted down with a stigma. As Dave Grant had said, "No one deserves lung cancer."

Then, it changed again, but there still with Dave and Estrea, its co-founders. (He had given me so much encouragement when Bill was first diagnosed. He was a truly brave, wonderful person, and Estrea, as well.)

After that, it became another whole different site, but still not too complicated. This most recent change, though, was more expansive than I could digest, and to me, seemed less personal, and comfortable.

I am sure there are those who find it to their liking.

When fighting to beat this beast into submission, we all know that we cannot be also dealing with what may be perceived as a less personal experience.

Thankfully, I have heard from many of my friends from over there, and that has been an added joy. They are wonderful people, as are the wonderful folks here at LCSC. :D

I have been welcomed so well here that it made the transition an easy go for me. I would have been so lost if that had not been so.

"Attitude, Spirituality, Support and Hope" (Dave Grant)

Barbara

Barbara, Hi! You know, I'm sorry, I've been so caught up in our own situation here, that I did'nt realize what was going on in yours. Just read the the results of Bill's scan. TERRIFIC! news. Keep it going that way.

You've been such an enormous help to me over the past couple of weeks. You're wonderful, and thankyou.

Gail

Hello Gail,

Please, do not ever apologize for getting caught up in this disease. Getting a bit overwhelmed, at times, is a given with lung cancer.

It is precisely due to all the concerns that we become so observant of so much about it.

No matter what the stage, it pays to be watchful. Of course, you must also hold yourself in mind for what can keep you healthy. Caregivers cannot help their loved one if they do not take care of themselves first.

Your immune system is compromised if you get too wound up in worry. Asking questions of the doctors, Gail, can put the energy into receiving help whenever you feel you have need. There is a group involved that can be an excellent source.

That said, there is a life that we live in between concerns. If we keep that "new normal" in the mix we can get through this.

I remember so many people describing this journey as a roller coaster ride. As I look back, that ride was and is, at times, very evident.

Try to remember that you are not alone, and that we are here for you whenever you need us. Write me anytime you wish, Gail, and there are so many here who understand where you are with this.

Thank you for the good words on Bill's recent scans. : )

Try to keep positive.

Keeping you in my best thoughts,

Barbara

Judy,

My only passion in my life at this juncture, God Willing, will always be for lung cancer advocacy.

When Bill was first diagnosed, I had absolutely no idea that the funding for research was extremely low in comparison compared to other cancers.

At first, that angered me. Then, as Bill and I traveled along this continuum of treatments, we realized that it only takes each of us individually to cry out to the "powers that be" and things can change for the better.

Remember the HIV/AIDS initial public response? It was considered a "self-imposed disease." Every week we saw deaths occur, sadly.

I was in nursing school at the time, at age 50. The reaction to the disease was that of fear of being stuck with a needle of one of the victims of AIDS.

Lung cancer does not deserve being considered an anathema. Treatments can be improved. Attitudes in the public domain can be changed.

Thank you, Judy, for the kind words about me, but what is very important are our collective efforts in getting this disease in the realm of being treated more effectively, or even better - cured (I know, though, that this is quite a bit more complicated resolution).

As always, an advocate for lung cancer survivors and their so very loved ones,

Barbara

Hello Bette :D

Yes, that was so good for both of us to hear, as you might imagine.

We learned those results day Bill was scheduled for the third round (that infusion was dependent on if the chemo it was actually working).

Those sorts of things can brighten the outlook. :D

As always, and holding onto hope,

Barbara

"Bette64"]Hi Barb,

I found you :). I'm glad that Bill's CTscans are showing shrinkage after his second round of treatment. This is wonderful news.

Best wishes,

Bette

Dear Barbara and Bill,

We are happy that you are here with us on this site. You provided so much valuable information on the "other" site. I read most of your postings.

Congratulations on a positive report, Bill.

Please do not shorten Bill's medical history, as it provides a wealth of information for both veterans and new comers to this site.

I find myself comparing my own history and treatment to that of others to gain insight, information, and answers to my questions. I have had 10 treatments of WBR which eliminated my 4 brain mets. As of my last brain MRI, they have disappeared. Although, I find that my memory and choice of vocabulary are not as acute.

Again, we are so glad that you are here with us. You and Bill are an encouraging and inspirational duo!!!

Peachy

Hi There, Peachy,

You are happily remembered from the other site. :D

So very glad to see you again.

The profile tends to get a bit wordy (will just clean out the unnecessary verbiage). There won't be any cutbacks on the important stuff - dates, treatments, and regimens. They are important to know - promise.

I do the same, Peachy, I read all the profiles, and then, I go back and read some more. My memory gives me a few "moments" :roll: and repetition helps glue it into crystallized memory. Bill and I joke that he had the WBR, and I have more short-term memory loss. Go figure.

Thank you so very much for the warm welcome, and the noting of Bill's last scans.

Right this minute, he is outside raking - no lie. It's his exercise. The wind around this area has had every one's leaves piled up against our side fence. Time for spring clean out.

Sending you all my best,

Barbara

Hi Barbara Ellen

I miss you at our other site, :( but sure am glad to have found you here. I too had not visited this site for a while. It was just easier to keep track of one site than jumping back and forth. I am trying to get use to the new changes, but so many changes had been made. I liked my comfort zone. You gave us all so much information and I hope it will continue here.

GOD Bless You and Bill

Mary Ann

Dear Mary Ann, :D

:D So very GOOD so to see you :D

I'm sure you will get used to those new changes there.

Everything new takes a bit of adjustment.

This transfer back to my roots, so to speak, has been very warm and comforting. I feel "at home."

Thank you for your blessings, and I send back my prayer, good wish and vibe to you, Mary Ann.

Anytime I see something that pops up and gives me "that feeling" that it might be of some import, or more, I'll make sure I post it.

This is, after all, a way for the many of us holding onto hope.

Barbara

Dear, dear Carol,

You see? I scrolled every day, and thought I did not miss anyone, but I did. :(

Please, forgive the faux pas.

I have been "with you" and "you with our story" for such a very long time.

Missing replying to you in a timely fashion should invoke, at least, an :roll: .

Thank you for the warm and lovely welcome. I thought I would be missing so many people, but you guys saved my feeling down and depressed. God love you all.

Carol, keep those "prayers going up, and those blessings coming down." :D

Barbara