Chemo finished - now living life

Vesuri

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dolfinn and all you people!

Just got back from body bone scan - that thing has to be the most comfortable examination in the world of medicine. Almost fell asleep! =)

Docs appointment tomorrow... She has been abroad in some cancer convention, so I'm going to ask her for all the latest yummies in oncology!

-Jussi

Jussi, I've been off and on the board since traveling and started reading your post today from the beginning in March. Just read through it to the end. I hope you had a great break. I'm going to be taking one myself soon. You sound very positive and they keep telling me attitude counts a lot. As one optomist to another, hang in there. I know you'll do great on this next round.

Judy in Key West (in PA)

Hello people!

Again, thank you so much for the really uplifting messages! I also read your threads, and feel guilty that I never reply! Anyways, a l l of you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Yesterday was docs appointment and today i was already enjoying my first ever radiation therapy. Pretty fast action and I'm happy.

Next friday I will start Alimta. Need to eat some vitamin pills before the treatment starts, also took B12 injection today for the Alimta.

There's thickening in the tissues on right side and I feel little "stuffed up", if you get what I mean, like overeaten. Otherwise feeling great.

Check this if you're interested; www.docrates.com ,only clinic in Europe where you can get adenovirus treatments. They have very promising results on quite a few cancer types. You can get the treatment only if traditional regimes are no more effective.

All the best and have a nice weekend!!!

Jussi :lol:

Dollfinn -

Yes, the clinic is located in Helsinki, Finland (I also live in Finland).

Try this direct link: http://www.docrates.com/Palvelut_Oncoly ... ments.aspx

It has 2 english pdf documents that contain some information. They contain some contact information also. You can write emails in english, no problem.

Under YHTEYSTIEDOT -there's also contact information, email addresses and telephone numbers.

All the best!

Jussi

Somehow Jussi, I've missed this whole thread :oops: ! A while back I was on a little bit of hiatus and it seems this just slipped right by me.

I'm wishing you the best as you continue with your tx. You've been on quite a ride (as most of us here have) and I'm glad to share part of it with you. Glad you've kept us updated. And I promise to not lose track of you again!

Kasey

This can NOT be happening...

Last fall I was getting my first chemos at hospital and there was breaking news about high school shooting in Finland, 8 dead.

This friday I'm starting chemo again, and guess what's in the news right NOW?! Somebody shot 9 people dead in catering school today!

These are extremely rare events in Finland and seems that we are getting publicity in the world very, very wrong way.... =(

My prayers and thoughts are with the families of the victims....

-Jussi

Hi again Jussi-

My son Nick was reading about it on the internet and when I told him we have a member in Finland, he got all excited - he wants to go there the summer after he graduates from high school. So who knows, we may be calling you for the names of some good restaurants!!!

Patti B.

Patti B - summer is excellent time to visit Finland! Drop a message if you need some restaurant tips etc.! I'll be your personal online lonely planet traveling guide! =)

So tomorrow is back to chemotherapy again, and not a day too soon, I may add. Let's see how Alimta works!

All the best GOOD PEOPLE!!!

Jussi

• 2 weeks later...

small update...

I've had mild fever through the past week and went to blood tests today and crp is over 200 so I'm in hospital now getting antibiotics.

feeling pretty ok otherwise.

has anybody here with liver mets had this sort of full feeling? Like you've eaten too much?

all the best to you good people!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again good people!

Had a 2nd alimta on the 23rd (last week) and now I'm, hmmm, been trying to follow if any side effects come up... Which haven'tt so far.... or actually I had fever couple of days ago but it went away, so I'm tihnking it might've been alimta effect(?)....

Other issues with the cancer;

I'm kind of fed up with people (including family members) who think that I have a bad flu or something like that. It's called CANCER! I can kind of understand that there are psychological defense mechanisms speaking there, but still... People should talk about difficult issues by their correct names! Anyways... =)

Have a good weekend all of you!!!

-Jussi

Jussi~

Just to put a twist on the family thing. I had been feeling crudy and very short of breath. I began to realize I had limited all my activities due to intolerance, and slept much more. To make a long story short. I tip-toed around what I knew was the next step in this disease. I knew if I had oxygen in the house, I could do more, I could do a flight of stairs and go up stairs to visit my fish. I was pissed but I had to address it. Turns out, after talking to the DR. I have bronchitis!!! This problem was/ is not disease progression :) Some steroids and adviar and flying up and down the stairs (well sort of). That was a relief for me. Gemzar is the only med they ever mentioned would have fever as a side effect, and it did. Hang in there buddy.

Mary