Chemo finished - now living life

Vesuri

Here's hoping for the best for you tomorrow. Don't remember how long you wait for results but be sure to check back in when you get them. Don't you just love going to those movies with kids. I go whenever I can with my grandson. What fun being a kid again if even for a little while.

Judy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people, and good people I might add =)

Had docs appointment on Thursday and seems that there's some shrinking in both, lung and liver, and also the rest are stable so we are continuing with the taxotere. So good news!

Sun is shining and now we go to buy a new bicycle for our daughter!

Have a nice and positive weekend!

Jussi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

10th of June - time for some CT results....

Meanwhile a little question... Seems that the radiation therapy to my right hip/pelvis has destroyed normal lymph activity -> my right thigh and foot has swollen. I've read something about lymph therapy massage... Is it any good? Is there anything else that can be done?

Jussi

Jussi, sorry I don't know a thing about lymph therapy massage or even any connection between lymph activity and swelling. I do want to say good luck with your upcoming CT and be sure to post us the results.

Judy in KW

Hi people

saw my oncologist today about ct results and seems that all is stable more or less!

Some lung nodules have grown a bit, some shrunk a bit. Liver met shrunk significally and bone mets remain stable. So, i'm a happy man and it's June people!

Next taxotere in 5 weeks. I go to some lymph therapy also to release the swelling in the thigh/ ankle.

Jussi

Stable is FANTASTIC!!!!

June is such a wonderful month with the flowers in bloom and the sun shining on your face. I hope you enjoy watching your daughter bike riding, dancing and whatever else she fancies.

I wish you a very speedy reduction of the swelling in your thigh and ankle!

I think of you often and I am so happy to see this update from you.

Take care Jussi,

Linda

• 2 months later...

Good people! :D

It's been a while again. Had taxotere yesterday, and bone mass strengthening drug too (bondronate?). I have 5 week cycle between taxotere infusions now and last couple of rounds I've noticed pain in lower abdomin - like inner muscle pain. Occurs when standing up but gets easier after standing a while. Maybe from taxotere or maybe not....

Well, I ask about it in next doc's appointment.....

I don't know what type of weather you guys have had this summer but in Finland it has been absolutely scorching! We had new record high in late July.... I don't mind though - since we have so long and dark winters...

All the best to you all!!!

Jussi

Good to see you Jussi. I do know about those niggling pains that are just enough to put you a little on edge. The radiologists (not oncologists) are saying they think they see something in my abdomen. Now every gastro distress makes me worry just a little. We will definitely be waiting for your update after your next appointment.

Record high temps around the US this year too. But then, we had some record cold in the winter also. I'm traveling with my husband on business. We are in Portsmouth Ohio and the weater is grand. Warm in the afternoon, cool in the mornings/evenings. However, it could change here on a dime. They were in the upper 90s here just before we came.

Take care and try not to worry too much. Famous last words lol.

Judy in KW

• 2 weeks later...

Good People!

Just came from my oncologist and he gave the CT results... seems that the liver mets have grown a bit, and blood values indicate same thing... But seems that the lung tumor has some dead cells inside (necrosis i think is the term he used...?) and this might be a positive thing since this hasn't shown in previous CT's.

Liver status might be because of 5 week taxotere cycle instead of previous 3 week cycle. Or then again, it might be not. So he decided to go back to 3 week regime and check later if the Taxotere still has the punch. So, I guess it was kind of good news/ bad news -visit? I don't know...

Did some cancer registry browsing yesterday and seems that, when looking at time period 2004-2008 in 30-34 year old men in Finland (about 170 000 men), I'm the o n l y one diagnosed with NSCLC. That is 0.0006% chance.

O, Lucky me!

All the best!

Jussi

Yes, Jussi, always good to see you. Yes, it is a mixed bag but I'd go with the glass have full view. It must be a drag going back to 3 wk infusions. I know, I've never gotten off them lol. Let us know how the next scan goes. And how is that sweet little girl of yours?

Judy in KW

Hi good peoples =)

Went for a round of Taxotere (actually it is called something else, but it's the same drug so I call it that) and bumped into my doc in the hall, she told me that she had gotter reply from genetics lab concerning my question about the ALK gene mutation. And apparently I wasn't eligible.

Well, it was worth the shot anyway! Never leave any stones turned!

Jussi