Chemo finished - now living life

Vesuri

Hi all

I think I've had 8, 9 maybe 10 cycles of taxotere and I've had very mild side effects. What I've read and understood, this medicine could hit hard some people.

Basically low blood count and loosing hair (which is grown back) were the biggest effects, oh and loosing taste for food for week or two after infusion but it comes back slowly before next infusion. Strange...

Try to stay positive and enjoy life, even if both "tasks" feel hard sometimes.

Jussi

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jussi. Sorry the gene test didn't turn out the way you'd like. I'm glad you're doing relatively well on the Taxotere. It's tuff being on chemo for years on end. I know. My side effects are relatively mild too and also changeable from infusion to infusion. But hey, we do what we have to do to stay on the upside of the garden.

Take care.

Judy in KW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good people!

Time for an update. I have doc's appointment in local hospital 10 am today and after that I'm going to call Docrates clinic in Helsinki that I'm coming to the oncolytic virus treatment next monday/tuesday.

I visited them on Tuesday and, although it is experimental treatment (with quite promising results), I give it a go.

This is the treatment that I've been talking about before... check www.docrates.com for additional info... and www.oncos.com

All the best!

Jussi

Hello good peoples :)

Thought I'd post little update. This Tuesday (10/5) I went to the clinic for the oncolytic virus treatment...

After draining 6.1 litres (1.61 US gallons) ascites they injected the virus. I think it was total 4-5 injections. 1 in the abdomen through the ascites tube, 1 in IV and couple directly to liver.

Next day I was released from hospital only suffering from fever since that is normal body reaction to the virus. Of course they took lot of bloodtests and today I visited there for some nurse "interview" checkup. Fingers & all body parts crossed that viruses kill cancer!

All the best people! Stay positive!!

Jussi

Jussi, sounds like quite an ordeal. Are the injections once and done or repeated? If repeated, how many times? We are always so grateful for you folk who put yourself out there for trials. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Judy in KW

• 3 weeks later...