New member - just joined tonight

Bette64

I just found this site today. I don't know how I missed it when I've done so much research online about lung cancer.

I found out I had a spot on my lungs in April 2006 through a routine chest xray.

On May 18, 2006, I had surgery for lower left lobectomy. Several lymph nodes were removed as well as lymph nodes in the bronchial area. All lymph nodes were benign but pathology report on lung nodule showed it to be attached to the viseral pleura lining of my lung and was staged as 1B Non-small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma).

I then had 4 Chemo treatments of taxotere and carboplatin spaced every 3 weeks. The last CTscan done in Jan. 08 was good. I am scheduled for a chest xray in April.

Hope to make some new friends here.

Bette

-----------------------------------------

CTscan 9/25/06 -NED

Chest Xray 12-1-06 - NED

CTscan 1-4-07 - NED

CTscan 4-12-07 NED

Chest Xray 7-18-07 NED

CTscan Chest & Abdomen 9/14/07 NED

CTscan 1/14/08 NED

Welcome, Bette. I'm glad you found us. And, congratulations on your good scans. I was staged at 1b the first time. The second tumor was thought to be a new primary and was also staged at 1B. I had surgery twice and did the "chemo thing" twice. Not fun, but I seem to be ok now.

Muriel

Hi Bette

I had a lobectomy on my upper left lung in September. I was also staged 1B. I just finished my 4 rounds of adjuvant chemo on Friday. I had Cisplatin/Vinerolbine for the first 3 and Carboplatin/Vinerolbine for the last round. Welcome to the site. You will find the members here very friendly with lots of information to share.

Hi, Bette, welcome to the group! I'm originally from Texas (small town of West, 15 miles north of Waco on Interstate 35), but have lived in Hawaii since 1972. You're the kind of success story our new (and often terrified) new members need to hear from. Please post often! Aloha,

Ned

Hello Dear Bette,

This is really great, Bette, to see you once again. Now, I feel even more at home. :lol:

Welcome to this very warm site. You will meet many wonderful people. :D

This site has a personal touch which is relaxing, and just being able to find a "history" following each posting is very helpful.

As always, your friend,

Barbara

"Bette64"]I just found this site today. I don't know how I missed it when I've done so much research online about lung cancer.

I found out I had a spot on my lungs in April 2006 through a routine chest xray.

On May 18, 2006, I had surgery for lower left lobectomy. Several lymph nodes were removed as well as lymph nodes in the bronchial area. All lymph nodes were benign but pathology report on lung nodule showed it to be attached to the viseral pleura lining of my lung and was staged as 1B Non-small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma).

I then had 4 Chemo treatments of taxotere and carboplatin spaced every 3 weeks. The last CTscan done in Jan. 08 was good. I am scheduled for a chest xray in April.

Hope to make some new friends here.

Bette

-----------------------------------------

CTscan 9/25/06 -NED

Chest Xray 12-1-06 - NED

CTscan 1-4-07 - NED

CTscan 4-12-07 NED

Chest Xray 7-18-07 NED

CTscan Chest & Abdomen 9/14/07 NED

CTscan 1/14/08 NED

Hi Bette!!!!!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!! I am so happy to see you doing so well! For certain you will be inspirational to those looking for hope! That's what it's all about here ~ helping and offering hope.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your beautiful avatar and getting to 'know' you! Now pull up a comfy chair and get all settled in!

Kasey

Welcome Bette. You've got nearly 2 years down and many more to go it sounds, congratulations. We all know what you've been through and it is a big job.

DonnaG

Hi Bette

Welcome here and sorry you had to find us.

Your diagnosis was the same as my husbands. I am glad that you are going through chemo.

Please know tht we are here for you for any question you may have.

You are lucky that they caught it early and you were able to have an operation. Only one in 4 is that lucky.

Keep a positive attitude and know you are never alone on here.

Keep us posted..

Again welcome to our family.

Maryanne

Hi there,

I had an upper left lobectomy with the same viseral pluera involvement as you and was staged 1B as well. I had chemo afterwards too, and I want you to know that was almost 5 years ago now.

I still get anxious for my health, and I guess I always will because that's what happens to us after all this.

For the first 2 years, I had follow-up x-rays with my surgeon every three months. Then we went to once a year, which was a big relief for me. Now, the university has changed their protocol and I get a CT yearly instead of the X-ray. That requires more preparation and more anxiety for me, but it gives us a better test, so that's a good thing.

I hope you do well too.

Cindy