New here and question about Cat Scan

momof4angels

Hi I am posting here as a long shot but I just dont know where to turn.

I do not have lung cancer to say but am a sarcoma survivor 2xs. I am also diabetic (type 1 for 25+_yrs), in kidney failure trying to begin dialysis and a loss mom So I really am not ready for the call I recently got

My dr said my CatScan results came back and showed a mass in my lung...Of course they are thinking it is the Sarcoma which mets ..My question is and God willing I hope someone can help

Is it possible to get a result that says mass on CT and it turns out to be fluid?? The CT was without contrast and my oncologist said it was in area of lung that can be many things (although I know she is trying to make me feel good)

I am sorry if you feel I shouldnt post here but I figure you all have been to he*& and back and would be more of expert in area of lung..(and hopefully understand my need to find hope)thanks in advance and nothing but the best for all of you

I can only tell you that many people have come to this board scared about something showing on their CT scan-- and it has turned out not to be cancer. I wish the same for you. I hope that helps. Please let us know what you find out.

Rochelle

I've never had a CT w/out contrast, but on all my other CTs and even on chest x-rays, they've always differentiated between fluid and my tumor. So, I would think that a mass is probably solid. That's not a great (or even a for-sure) answer, but hope to help a little. Best of luck to you.

Raney

I can only tell you after I had my CT Scan even with contrast there was still the possibility of it being TB or some other kind of infection. The Doctor could not definately say until I actually had a Thorecentesis done and the fluid had cancer cells in it. Just keep thinking positive and keep us informed.

"momof4angels"]Hi I am posting here as a long shot but I just dont know where to turn.

I do not have lung cancer to say but am a sarcoma survivor 2xs. I am also diabetic (type 1 for 25+_yrs), in kidney failure trying to begin dialysis and a loss mom So I really am not ready for the call I recently got

My dr said my CatScan results came back and showed a mass in my lung...Of course they are thinking it is the Sarcoma which mets ..My question is and God willing I hope someone can help

Is it possible to get a result that says mass on CT and it turns out to be fluid?? The CT was without contrast and my oncologist said it was in area of lung that can be many things (although I know she is trying to make me feel good)

I am sorry if you feel I shouldnt post here but I figure you all have been to he*& and back and would be more of expert in area of lung..(and hopefully understand my need to find hope)thanks in advance and nothing but the best for all of you

It could be other things besides cancer but no one can really answer here.

A CT scan is not 100% for detecting cancer. I believe the doctor looks at many things in the scan (attenuation, tumor borders, etc). I wouldn't know what is bad vs good. But not every mass is cancer.

If it is a lung cancer it might be a lung metastasis from the sarcoma and not primary lung cancer. If this is the case you might get better information at a sarcoma web site, but of course you are welcome here.