new comer

shauna_ann

Hi, I signed up about a month ago but am finally introducing myself. I am 25 and have stage 4 NSCLC. I just completed 6 treatments of Taxol and Carboplatin and have been taking Iressa for almost 3 weeks, as my primary tumor is still the same size. The cancer is also in my lymph nodes and my sacrum (near the tailbone). Fortunately, the PET scan shows about 1/3 less uptake in those areas. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I'm told it's somewhat good news. Debi suggested I come to check out this site and I'm sure glad I did.

Hello, I am so sorry you have lung cancer but this is a good place to be for support. There are a few others here near your age. Jay is not quite 20. We also have a teen from Ireland. Three years ago Jodi when she was 26 was told to get her affairs in order that she had 3 months but thank goodness she had lots of surgery and treatment and is doing fairly well right now. We also have David who had a lung removed 25+ years ago at that time he was nearly as young as his teenage daughters are now. This is such a devastating disease we all need to stick together. Welcome. Donna G

Shauna, A big welcome to you. As ive heard it said. Sorry you have had the need to be here but, welcome all the same. There is much support,comfort,imformation, etc.... here. I have found this site to be the single biggest positive influence and guiding force in my battle against this disease. Keep posting ! We will see you soon.

Greg

Hi Shauna;

Just wanted to join the rest in welcoming you to our group. You will find much support , good info, and most importantly SURVIVORS dealing with the same things you are. No one should have to go through this alone!!

again welcome, yes sorry you have to be but glad you are!!

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Shauna..

Welcome girlfriend!! :lol:

Am so glad you made it here and are posting! As I'm sure you can tell, this site is just a tad bit more optimistic than the one we met on :roll: !

Sounds like the Iressa may be working for you...keep us updated and feel free to email anytime.

Shauna!

Welcome, and yes there are many many survivers, David P is a constant form of inspiration as many of the others are, so if you have time, read through the profiles, etc. Also a suggestion is to get Lance Armstrong's first book, "It's not about the bike" it is unbelievable what he has beaten, nevermind that 'little' bike race he does every year*hahahaha*, but really he will inspire you.

Now on to important things,

What do you think of Britney's new CD?

:lol::lol: