Test Results Are In, but still in limbo

I saw my oncologist on Thursday. After two days of scanning the results are for the most part excellent, with just one hitch. That hitch is just the one lesion, it's located very deep in the frontal lobe, meaning that direct surgery is out of the question.

So now I have been referred to a Radiology Oncologist who I will see Tuesday to discuss options, i.e. sterotactic, gamma, X-knife, second opinion, where and when. I do want my disk and reports to be sent to MD Anderson for the second opinion.

Nothing is straight forward about this disease is it?

Well darn it!!!! You are right about nothing being straight forward. I'm glad you're getting that second opinion ~ always a good idea. I'll be anxious to hear their take on this. There ARE options, though, so that's the good news. Keep your chin up. You'll get all your ducks lined up and get this taken care of. Just not sure how that will happen right now.

Thanks for th update.

Kasey

Hello there Toddy,

You are wished the very best on your upcoming second opinion, and in choosing which procedure to initiate.

It's ALWAYS good to get everything set up for making decisions - smart move

....and yes, nothing is straightforward. many of us begin to realize that in short order.

Always vigilant,

Barbara