LAF Summit

KatieB

Lance Armstrong 2008 Summit

I went to the summit in 2006 and it changed my outlook, goals and advocacy plans in terms of cancer survivorship issues, legislation and my own passion and career dedication to lung cancer advocacy for patients and for research. The resources, roundtable discussions, speakers and workshops were inspiring and life-changing.

The next summit is this July. I will be going again. There have been a few others accepted to attend this life-inspiring event from this message board and LUNGevity and lots of old friends from my advocacy community will be there as well.

There is still an opportunity for YOU to apply to attend. They are also giving travel scholarships as well so that the weekend will be paid for in full.

For more information- click the link below.

Good luck and if you get accepted, please let us know so we can watch out for you there!

It would be amazing to have a strong LUNG CANCER presence there. In 2006, I think there were only 3 delegates- 2 survivors and 1 caregiver/advocate.

Here is the link

http://www.livestrong.org/site/c.khLXK1PxHmF/b.2662125/