Started chemo and radiation

Haysha

Mom had her first infusion yesterday of Cisplatin. It took 6 1/2 hours and she was tired from sitting there that long. Afterwards she said her bones were tired. She had a bit of nausea this morning not too bad though. She started her Etoposide today at 200 mg and will continue that thru friday. She also had her first of 37 radiation treatments today. Overall doing well so far.

Hello Laura,

Just wanted to let you know that at age 56 I was diagnosed with stage 3A non small cell lung cancer. I had 6 weeks of daily radiation and weekly chemo (carboplatinum and taxol). At the end of that time I had surgery. I had an upper right lobectomy in July 2005. The doctor removed my upper right lobe, 20 lymph nodes and one rib bone. I was back at work at then the end of August teaching high school. I will soon be 60 and I plan to retire in June. My scans have all been clear since my surgery. I got the results of my last CT scan today. Just want you to know that your mom can be okay. Remain positive. Hope this helps.

Carol