Getting to Know You - March 29

Ann

OMG!!! Isn't it terrible - but I can't forget what kind it was. Probably one of those you had to crank up and then jump on the running boards!! :lol:

But I do remember it was white - could have been maybe a Ford???

Now I am gonna have to call my mom and find out!!!

Patti B.

My husband taught me after my youngest son was born. We had a 68 Chevy Station Wagon. We would load all of the kids up the head to a nearby heliport. A road surrounded the landing area and it had a curb around it on both sides. I had to drive around it until I could make it all the way around 2 times without hitting the side.

Once I had that down I had to do the same thing backing up! It took a while but I did it then I was ready to go on the hiway. I have to say as impatient as Denis was most of the time he was really good when teaching me to drive. I'm a pretty good driver and one thing for sure I can back up and often do to get into a parking spot that otherwise seems impossible. :!:

I learned in my Dad's '56 Chevy, straight shift on the column. Man, would I love to have that car today!!! My Dad took such good care of his "baby." When my Dad had his stroke and could no longer drive, my mom practically gave the car away to keep it out of Dad's sight. It was sold to an old boyfriend of mine.

Let's see, I turned 16 in 1991 which means that I was learning to drive on around a 1988 dodge daytona. Man was that a sweet car. Stick shift, way too fast for a 16 year old to be driving, but I wanted to learn on a stick shift, so my mom agreed to let me learn on that. Of course once i got my license I was relegated to our old beat up pick up truck, which I loved too, just in a take it out the mountain and drive through the mud puddles kind of way, which was way different then the let's see if I can get this daytona up over 110 kind of love.

I'm a country girl.Around here you learn to drive in the hay fields. I think I was about 11. My grandaddy taught me in a old chevy with a straight shift on the column. I could bearly see over the steering wheel. After I ran over a few bales of hay and getting yelled at by my whole family. I quickly learned how to drive. I hated driving that truck. When I was 15 I got put to throwing up the hay on the wagon and my 12 year old cousin got to drive. BOY did I miss driving that old truck. That was the good old days!!!

dannnie